Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a full TB and area P tuner For anyone wondering I maxed out last night at 171km from my previous 156km before mods. Definately worthwhile mods, they make it feel like a whole new bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Awesome to hear, do you have any dyno figures with the new setup that you could share?

I'm rocking stock at the moment and craving a bit more power especially during overtaking. Do these mods give the bike that extra punch to overtake comfortably?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Awesome to hear, do you have any dyno figures with the new setup that you could share?

I'm rocking stock at the moment and craving a bit more power especially during overtaking. Do these mods give the bike that extra punch to overtake comfortably?
Dude the bike all stock overtakes comfortably. I was overtaking cars that were doing 120 on the M4 with a 250 let alone a beastly 300.

Might look into getting a tuner installed soon, exhaust first :D weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the bike over takes nicely now, just drop back out of 6th gear, its an over drive for the highway

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Dude the bike all stock overtakes comfortably. I was overtaking cars that were doing 120 on the M4 with a 250 let alone a beastly 300.

Might look into getting a tuner installed soon, exhaust first :D weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
On a freeway I agree, but when I took it up the palmerstone last week it struggled up the range whilst passing a few cars. I'm not bagging the 300, I think its more than adequate for most requirements, but I'm keen to see if these mods give it that little extra oomph up in the ranges.

Edit: Yep and that was in 5th too!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
maxed out at 171km after mods...mmmm.....maxed mine at 168km without any mods
Yea, I'm pretty sure with low wind conditions one should be able to tuck low enough to hit 175 kph as is...at least that seemed to be a common figure reported in the top speed thread...

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
171km = 106mph... I've hit 104mph before running out of room going uphill on a bridge... all stock except a slip on LV...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yea, I'd say anyone with a tight fitted jacket, fully tucked and under 200 pounds (body bulk vs wind) should be able to do 110 Mph or 177 Kph indicated without much difficulty given a long enough road. This would be flat road no/little wind btw.

So I'm still looking to see what a performance modded bike is capable of

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
On a freeway I agree, but when I took it up the palmerstone last week it struggled up the range whilst passing a few cars. I'm not bagging the 300, I think its more than adequate for most requirements, but I'm keen to see if these mods give it that little extra oomph up in the ranges.

Edit: Yep and that was in 5th too!
i have been up thru the palmerston twice on the 300 now, once in janurary and again feburary, your kidding yourself if you think you will overtake anyone in 5th gear up that those hills. drop it back to 4th and pin the throttle.you need to remember we dont have the power of 1000cc bikes, but what we do have on our side is a small engine that revs its head off, so rev its head off and overtake with ease, but yes, a pc5 & K&n air cleaner & two bro's slip on will absolutely make a difference in over taking, but so does using your gearbox as well

·
Registered
490 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but based on what I've read,the full exhaust,power commander and air filter will help with acceleration but not really do much for top end?so maybe if you changed the sprocket,you would have similar to stock acceleration but more top speed?does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
i have been up thru the palmerston twice on the 300 now, once in janurary and again feburary, your kidding yourself if you think you will overtake anyone in 5th gear up that those hills. drop it back to 4th and pin the throttle.you need to remember we dont have the power of 1000cc bikes, but what we do have on our side is a small engine that revs its head off, so rev its head off and overtake with ease, but yes, a pc5 & K&n air cleaner & two bro's slip on will absolutely make a difference in over taking, but so does using your gearbox as well
Alrighty I'll give that a go, it kind of felt like 4th had reached peak power at 11k though. :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i wish i knew where you people had these uncluttered empty roads and no coppers to molify your fun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts