Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a market for 2013 stock exhaust (can + heat shield)?

Can previous Ninja 250s use the can?

What's the going rate for a slightly used (45 miles) one?
Hopefully it's sold by the pound.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Better to keep it. You can re-mount when you go to sell; better value when a bike appears stock to a dealer or buyer. You would say, "never modified, driven gently" :D

Other reason would be if you need to put the stock muffler on for some other reason such as a hard drop on that side, or an official inspection being required.

Just no real market for selling the stock muffler. Everybody wants a loud aftermarket pipe.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You would be surprised how many people will snatch up that stock exhaust actually...

If priced fair place it on Craigslist or eBay...i'm sure someone would grab it.
As Delnari stated though, you could keep it in case of fall or something.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I still have mine until the middle of this month,
my friend sold his for $65 local.

·
Registered
865 Posts
plus if you ever down your bike ans ruin your new exhaust, then you have a backup to put back on the bike =D or if you ever got hassled by inspections, swap it out, inspect then put back. I know they are cracking down on emissions so a cat may become required ina few years, we will see, thats myguess.

·
Registered
344 Posts
plus if you ever down your bike ans ruin your new exhaust, then you have a backup to put back on the bike =D or if you ever got hassled by inspections, swap it out, inspect then put back. I know they are cracking down on emissions so a cat may become required ina few years, we will see, thats myguess.
Umm, what I said :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
If you plan on getting rid of the read pegs you can sell it to a 250R guy.

I installed my Ninja 300 rear pegs, rear sets, and stock exhaust onto my 250R.

They rear pegs are different on the two bikes, so the stock 300 exhaust will not just bolt onto the 250R.

Personally I just dont like storing thing I will probably never use, so I usually sell off or give away my old stock parts..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts