Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I was considering getting an M4 carbon exhaust for my ninja 300, but after a bit of research/reading I came to a conclusion that it might be too loud.
Do you have any suggestions/recommendations for an alternative exhaust within the same price range ($360 US)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, by looking at the tags you added to this thread, it seems you have a pretty good idea of the other contenders on the market.

You can never watch too many youtube vids for reference. My fav is the akrapovic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yoshimura R-77 would probably be the closest looking and it comes with a silencer.

Price may be a bit more. PM a few site vendors and see if you can get a better price than what you see online. Most will give you a discount for being a forum member.

I am in the same boat. Was going to get the M4, but found out there is no silencer for it, so it is now off my list. Yosh is the next one on the list for me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a M4 slipon and although it is louder than stock but it's not "Wake the Neighbors" loud. (Of course, that is only MY option and I am a recreational rider and not a commuter.)

My favorite thing about it is that it deepens the exhaust note enough that most people think it's a bigger displacement motorcycle than a 300.

(The carbon fiber also looks pretty sweet on my ebony bike.)

Someone (Spacep0d) really needs to get a decibel meter and make a youtube video on the measuring different exhaust options available when they meet up for a group ride.

Anyone know if there is an decibel meter ap? (If there is, we could all measure the loudness and post in a thread.)

-Vorax

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Scorpion slipon (baffle in) is approx. 2.2 dB louder than stock.
Measured by Eurpean rules ie. at a distance .5 m (~20") from exhaust, 45 degrees angle, same height from ground as exhaust, @5500 rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the Leo Vince Carbon Slipon.

Watched tons of youtube vids and when I first watched Leo Vince it just clicked, I´ve removed the db killer. I want it as loud and clear as possible, I understand that the issue is that it can´t be too loud. Since I live on a big farm and not in the cities I don´t really have problem with neighbours if we see it in that perspective. However when Iam in town I drive in high gears which keeps it quiet enough.

So in conclusion. I respect my fellow humans and I feel I can drive through town and show respect even with my Leo Vince without db-killer. If you leave the db-killer in you should be even more on the safe side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts