Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey fellas. I got me an m4 carbon fiber exhaust, and there seems to be an air leak at the bottom of the bike, where the mid pipe connecects to the exhaust pipe. I included a pic to illustrate in greater detail. Is this normal? I followed all the instructions and also tightened the clamps tight as hell. Bike seems to run fine but I'm still somewhat concerned

·
Registered
618 Posts
M4 is a straight pipe. There is no back pressure. There is no seal there because it doesn't matter if it leaks. All the can is really doing is changing the tone to be lower.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I seriously doubt any air is leaking there anyway. There is not much resistance to force the air out or in a small leak there when it can go straight out the pipe.

If you are seeing water drip out that's normal.
If you want you can put rtv sealant on it but it will do nothing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
See this is the issue I had with my Delk ds70. They do recommend a gasket. I installed without one and I have some air leak around connector.

For Delk, the connector pipe is larger and loose around the header so a gasket would help seal it, above and beyond the supplied clamp.

Do all slip ons need a gasket or is some air leak not a problem?

·
Registered
399 Posts
After installing the recommended crush gasket on my Delk ds70, there are NO air leaks. I should have listened the first time...cheap and stupid is no way to go thru life.

Now about the LV corsa and M4. I read online that the LV instructions mention a "graphite gasket (if supplied). Anyone with first hand experience?

Does M4 slip on use a gasket?

·
Registered
399 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts