Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a M1 licence for the next 60 days until I can take the road test. Does anyone know what kind of ticket or penalty one would be subject too if they were caught on the highway or at night?

:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
And with the license suspension it's not just your 'M' license, if you have a G that's suspended too, so you can't drive anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's not just about crazy rules, you're not allowed to ride before you have the license. It's a simple law, no license, no riding.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Prob the same deal if you have any alcohol blood content. The rules are so strict even with the M2 I'm just not gonna drink when I'm riding. Simpler that way.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ontario, Canada, has a graduated licensing process, likely similar to Australia and UK. There are tighter restrictions to where, when and how you can ride, with associated fines depending on what level of license you have qualified for.

M1 -> M2 -> Full M

Insurance tends to go down as you progress as well

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Do not break the conditions of your M1 or M2 licence.

- Your drivers licence will be suspended for 30 days on first offence.
- Your bike will be impounded.
- It is considered a major infraction by insurance companies. (Read: They won't touch you with a 10ft pole after this)

There is no fine for breaking the conditions of your graduated licence (unless you have a BAC of above .0)

It is an HTA offence, not a criminal offence, so you will not have a criminal record.

It's not worth it. 60 days will fly by :) Also keep in mind, you're more likely to get pulled over at night.

license suspension along with a $5,000 fine.
Minimum

First offence is $5,000 to $25,000 fine. Second offence is $10,000 to $50,000 fine.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90c25_e.htm#s2s3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts