Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pretty cool. You'd think he'd be more visible at night to surrounding traffic. But I bet people still complain they cannot or didn't see him.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thats a cool idea! i'd paint a few parts with it!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I wonder if rims could be painted with that!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
You could do your rims in it but as Fishdip said, it's going to require a small electrical current to activate. I don't know what is the minimal current, but maybe a small battery would work? Also it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE to route electrical cable to a rotating wheel. It's just going to be expensive to do it. It would take integrating the axle into the solution. Either installing a small stator/generator into the axle and work the wires out from the axle. You could also run a wire down your swing arm and build a special metal contract on the axle to swing arm contact point to transfer power into a capacitor relay system into the axle and your wiring would again branch out from the axle. Would be a bit of a pain to develop that if it's not already developed and it would be highly recommended that you only use nitrogen for pressurize your tires.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The wheels would be easier with a regular glow in the dark paint and use some strong UV LED's to charge it up and make it glow. There's even kits for it.

This paint doesnt really look that bright. If it was real bright you could ditch the signals and replace them with this paint on some body parts like the little fairings on the front fork tho I dunno how that would look :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
You could do your rims in it but as Fishdip said, it's going to require a small electrical current to activate. I don't know what is the minimal current, but maybe a small battery would work? Also it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE to route electrical cable to a rotating wheel. It's just going to be expensive to do it. It would take integrating the axle into the solution. Either installing a small stator/generator into the axle and work the wires out from the axle. You could also run a wire down your swing arm and build a special metal contract on the axle to swing arm contact point to transfer power into a capacitor relay system into the axle and your wiring would again branch out from the axle. Would be a bit of a pain to develop that if it's not already developed and it would be highly recommended that you only use nitrogen for pressurize your tires.
Wow lol, I'm not that handy! But thanks for the explanation I really do appreciate your time on explaining that to me!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wow, thats a really cool technology. But I imagine it would distract other drivers enough to get you in trouble :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would totally use that for some fancy pinstripe pattern, would look boss!

Or make a tron lightcycle ninja 300 for the lulz

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would paint a few panels/designs on my 300 just to make it more visible at night, but not overpowering.... Very cool!

·
Banned
613 Posts
they already got some light up wheel thing. I forgot how it works though.

Why would you only use nitrogen to pressurize your tires?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
they already got some light up wheel thing. I forgot how it works though.

Why would you only use nitrogen to pressurize your tires?
You don't want an electrical spark to interact with oxygen. Tires are considered a flammable object so you have a fuel source too. Nitrogen also doesn't expand and contract as much as regular air does. This technology works by channeling an electrical current straight into the material surface.

·
Banned
613 Posts
You don't want an electrical spark to interact with oxygen. Tires are considered a flammable object so you have a fuel source too. Nitrogen also doesn't expand and contract as much as regular air does. This technology works by channeling an electrical current straight into the material surface.

If this was true think about tire warmers. I doubt anyone will have any issues in this matter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts