Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SE, VStream 20", Palladin luggage rack, 15/39 sprockets, lowered mirrors
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to mount side mirrors lower on the fairing?? If only I could reassemble my mirror stalks pointed down, instead of up. My old Honda ST1100 had fairing mounted mirrors which provided an excellent view out underneath your hands, instead of looking around your elbows. It also gives it a cleaner, more streamlined look.

·
Registered
2014 SE, VStream 20", Palladin luggage rack, 15/39 sprockets, lowered mirrors
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought I would share my lowered mirrors modification as I described originally. Using the original mirrors, they are wide enough and I am no longer constrained with having my arms in the way and I can actually see behind me. This is the repositioned mirror.

Here is the view from the riding position, in the right side mirror, the left side, and what is actually behind me if I turn around.

I angled the left mirror inward slightly so you can see the rear of the bike for perspective.

·
Registered
7 Posts
all i did was take 2 pieces of 1/8th inch steel plate 3" x 3" drilled 4 holes using the mirror as a templet. making the top ones little bigger than the bolts and treading the bottom ones to match bolts. then with my belt sander and angle grinder gave it some style. apply color all done

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts