Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just bought an area P tuner, going on this week. $320 to my door including the tax and extra freight the dicks at Canada Post charged. Should be good, she doesn't seem to like the 0 degree weather.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey...Mad.Child on BCSB...I have the Yoshi Stainless slip on as well as the Area P Tuner...The Yosh' is not loud at all with the baffle in, comparable to a lot of stock exhausts on bigger displacement bikes. Baffle removed, however, its a shit symphony of sound and alot more vibration. I tried it for 5 minutes, and will never again. As much as they suggest its not worth the money on this forum, get the tuner. was a bit pricey, 300ish after getting taxed at border, but definetely helps your low range and midrange throttle response that you lose with the slip on. Any questions just ask. Install was really easy, no problems whatsoever.

Thanks again Pheet!

I was thinking of getting the Yoshimura slip-on exhaust for my bike.

Last summer I got pulled over by two cops with their Harley's parked on the side of Pacific Boulevard, right before it merges with Quebec Street. They wanted to do a sound check on my stock exhaust xD

So I just wanted to see if other Ninja 300 riders had gotten aftermarket exhausts on their bikes and had any problems with the police.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I pay 132/month with 35% discount through ICBC for collision as well as insurance (too many tickets to get private)....Its not the best first bike as it is a little expensive...If you want to really get good at riding, why would you destroy a brand new machine with your first fall/learning how to rev-match etc? Go used, get a ninja 250/suzuki gs500/ ninja 500 for a bit and see what you like. hell, you may go for something totally different and get a supermoto. I would never buy new as a first. Riding is alot different than getting a car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the replies!

Pheet, does beacon require 10 years experience on a motorcycle, or just 10 years of driving experience?

Rushhourracer, based on my research and feedback from others I would most certainly out grow the 250 in one season. I don't need a 600, so I'm hoping the with the extra 50cc, fuel injection and better styling that I will never out grow the 300. I'd love to find a good used one instead of buying new but they seem to be rare.

Also I don't think I would destroy a new bike just because I'm new to riding. I've been driving stick for over 10 years, understand all the concepts and I'm quite coordinated. There would definitely be a learning curve but to say I would destroy it is a bit excessive.

Driving a car is nothing like riding a bike. Yes, understanding the concept of a manual tranny is an advantage, but thats it. Everything else needs to be learned. Mistakes are easily corrected in a car. I say this after 7 yrs driving and 50000km bike experience in all weather conditions (including light snow)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts