Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Low Beams Not Working After High Siding

226 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jjmaine
Hello all,

After high siding, the left headlight's low beams does not shine, however the high beams do.

If you look at my other post, you will see that there are aftermarket switches for the DRL/headlights. Please view it here: Identifying Aftermarket switches

How can I configure this electrically?

Thanks for taking the time.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
From factory:
The low beam is the right head light only and it cannot be turned off. I think by law it has to be on all the time (in US), but I'm not sure.
The high beam is the left head light only and you turn it on and off with the switch in the left hand handlebar.
The left low beam light is still out after replacing the bulb. The right is working fine.
Are you talking about the bigger bulbs or the little ones on the sides? The little ones on the side (city lights) should always be on.

As said above, the bigger bulbs on the center, one per headlight, are the low and high beams. The left is the high beam and you turn it on with the switch. The right one is the low beam and you cannot turn it off.
Reactions: 1
That helps a ton. I thought that the bigger left bulb was supposed to be on with the right bigger bulb.

I bought new bulbs for it because I thought it was out.

Thanks. 🍻

Are you talking about the bigger bulbs or the little ones on the sides? The little ones on the side (city lights) should always be on.

As said above, the bigger bulbs on the center, one per headlight, are the low and high beams. The left is the high beam and you turn it on with the switch. The right one is the low beam and you cannot turn it off.
When I bought my bike, I was getting ready to take it for a test ride and handed the guy the cash to count (and hold) while I was trying it. When I pulled back in his driveway I said "Seems great, I'll take it" and he said "Oh man, I didn't realize it had a headlight out" and handed me back a $100 bill. I tried to refuse and told him bulbs were cheap anyway but he insisted.

Then I found out later that on low beam only one side is lit anyway lol. I felt bad but what can you do...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts