Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
spare has also been misplaced...kids and keys are not the perfect partners :frown:

its cool i understand fully im a dad with a few kids myself, no need to explain yourself

have you started making calls to locksmiths yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Spoken to endless amounts of locksmiths. They are all saying they cant cut a key and I'll need to replace the ignition.
Seems pointless having a key code really.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
dont give up yet. i will call a few locksmiths here in town i know and see if there is anything i can do to help

chill out, relax, its not the end of the world yet

i dont suppose you have spoken to kwaka oz by any chnace?

can they give you info on who might be able to help?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
as promised i made some phone calls today, i spoke to the local Branch of

Ruswin lock smith

http://www.ruswin.com.au/locations

they said if you give them a call & give them the code they can cut how ever many keys you want

ask them if they can post them too you. if they cant, let me know, i can get them and post them to you, i accept paypal & will save you a monster bill from kwaka to replace they keys/locks on bike

·
Premium Member
Kawasaki Ninja 300 2013 SE ABS
352 Posts
I would start complaining to kawasaki if you can't find a locksmith in your area that can cut the key. You shouldn't have to fork out for a new ignition - kawasaki should make sure that there are locksmiths in all major areas that can cut their keys and have access to all the latest codes.

but looks like cruizin's on the ball

Reactions: black boyfriend

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wow Cruizin! The kindness of strangers :goodjob:

Im going to get in contact with Kawasaki again tomorrow and start stomping my foot...if you feel the earth tremble you know why! lol

Otherwise I'll get in contact with your suggested locksmith and go from there. Super kind of your offer to get them cut for me.

Will buy you a beer if/when Im ever up your way :smile:

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Travvy - what an awesome part of the country you live in to be riding on 2 wheels. Had a holiday up at Port D last year...the only thing that was missing was my black boyfriend. Plan on getting back up there with my wheels one day soon.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
as promised i made some phone calls today, i spoke to the local Branch of

Ruswin lock smith

http://www.ruswin.com.au/locations

they said if you give them a call & give them the code they can cut how ever many keys you want

ask them if they can post them too you. if they cant, let me know, i can get them and post them to you, i accept paypal & will save you a monster bill from kwaka to replace they keys/locks on bike
Great job, mate! After this, I'm definitely cutting a spare key while I still have mine to save myself the grief that BB has to go through...

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Wow Cruizin! The kindness of strangers :goodjob:

Im going to get in contact with Kawasaki again tomorrow and start stomping my foot...if you feel the earth tremble you know why! lol

Otherwise I'll get in contact with your suggested locksmith and go from there. Super kind of your offer to get them cut for me.

Will buy you a beer if/when Im ever up your way :smile:

Cheers

no dramas. and you never know i might end up moving to your neck of the woods in the near future, there is a strong possibility of that so you can buy me a beer then.

Great job, mate! After this, I'm definitely cutting a spare key while I still have mine to save myself the grief that BB has to go through...

yep might not be such a bad idea

·
Premium Member
Kawasaki Ninja 300 2013 SE ABS
352 Posts
Travvy - what an awesome part of the country you live in to be riding on 2 wheels. Had a holiday up at Port D last year...the only thing that was missing was my black boyfriend. Plan on getting back up there with my wheels one day soon.
Riding up to port on the bike is great. So much fun, and the other ranges are good as well, if you come up, I'll come for a ride

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Riding up to port on the bike is great. So much fun, and the other ranges are good as well, if you come up, I'll come for a ride

spot on, theres some nice rides thru the ranges up where Trav is , i usually do my best to get there at least once a year to do it, have done for many years now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ok guys...I'm back for some more advice. Seems I have to take out one of the locks and take it to the locksmith. I'm guessing that the pillion seat lock will be the easiest to remove. Any tips for making this as easy as possible?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Ok guys...I'm back for some more advice. Seems I have to take out one of the locks and take it to the locksmith. I'm guessing that the pillion seat lock will be the easiest to remove. Any tips for making this as easy as possible?

i agree, it would be the easiest, however, i dont know how your going to remove the back seat to remove it from the inside of the bike with no keys to begin with

mmmmmmmmmmmmm..... unless you shine a bright torch and press the rear seat upwards a little you might be able to get a coat hanger, a small steel one in there and push the lever to the side that locks the front of the seat, one you release it the seat will come off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
:emot-hfive:

There is a flipping god after all!

Just as the mobile locksmith was about to arrive and take my $300.00...guess what? Yeap I found the key :eusa_clap:

Thanks to a little bit of sunlight shining in the right place I found the key sitting on the engine behind the front fairing!!

One hell of a happy chick here, reunited with my black boyfriend once again! Woot!!

Thanks for your help cruizin and yeap - spare key is already cut.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

Just as the mobile locksmith was about to arrive and take my $300.00...guess what? Yeap I found the key :eusa_clap:

Thanks to a little bit of sunlight shining in the right place I found the key sitting on the engine behind the front fairing!!

One hell of a happy chick here, reunited with my black boyfriend once again! Woot!!

fantastic stuff, im over the moon for you :emot-hfive::woohoo2_smilie:

i would make 3 spare keys if i were you. one of them i would hide somewhere in your house in a safe place.

thanks for updating us on this

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

It's a damn good thing you found your key too. Would hate to think what would have happened if that key slid into the wrong place while you were off riding. We've had some humorous stuff found in front tires on this forum but your prior ignition key would have been the champ on that one. :D

Grats on finding your key. Also it sounds like maybe you Aussies should get together for a group ride eh?

·
Registered
97 Posts

If I ever lose my key I'll be sure to give the bike a quick shake...just in case lol

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Also it sounds like maybe you Aussies should get together for a group ride eh?
great idea, distance is the killer, just about all of the Aussies who replied in the thread thus far are about 3000 kilometers or so from the O/P

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If I ever lose my key I'll be sure to give the bike a quick shake...just in case lol
Ohh trust...there was a whole lot of shaking, rocking and rolling going on. At one stage I almost dropped the black friend on his side trying to rattle that bloody key out. Perfectly balanced - the key that is!

:blinksmilie:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts