Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that someone out there can offer some advice to a riding lady whos desperate to get back on her black boyfriend!
My keys to my ninja 300 have been lost...No it wasn't me that lost them :mad:
I have the key code and a genuine blank kawasaki key but can not find a locksmith that is able to cut it, apparently its because kawasaki havent released the code/pattern.
I contacted Kawasaki (Sydney) last week and they are saying that the locksmiths need to purchase the code from kawasaki. Sort of leaves me in the lurch . Dont really want to go down the option of having the ignition replaced...

Welcome to suggestions

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
your correct, with the key code a locksmith can get the keys cut. it even states this at the kwaka oz web site

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/company/support

Q. I’ve lost my key! What do I do?
If you have lost your key, you need to be aware that a pre-cut replacement key is not readily available for purchase through your authorised Kawasaki dealership. You can contact your local authorised Kawasaki dealership and purchase a genuine blank, uncut replacement key from them. To have a key correctly cut to suit your vehicle, you will need to have the key identification number / key code to enable a locksmith to cut the blank. In some cases, if you have lost or misplaced your key identification number / key code, your local Kawasaki dealership may be able to provide you with the key number. To access the key identification number information you will need to contact your local Kawasaki dealership and provide them with proof of ownership of the vehicle and identification.
Take your replacement genuine blank key to a registered locksmith and provide them with your key identification number / key code. In most case they will be able to recut you an original key.

im surprised sydney cant help you, man its only the biggest city in Australia with over 4 million people, if you cant get here there then whats the hope of the rest of us getting any help.

start firing up google and look for lock smiths in melbourne and brisbane, there has got to be someone who can do this

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
LOL! I was referring to this!...:D

"...riding lady whos desperate to get back on her black boyfriend!"

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
IKR?! I was think of posting an appropriate response too but the last time I did on a similar "black" themed thread, I deleted it myself as I felt it was too rude!...:tongue:

What, you inappropriate? Never!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohh what have I started here? :emot-angel:

You're all concerned with my ride but not so worried about my lost keys that prevent me from riding? Pffft :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
You're all concerned with my ride but not so worried about my lost keys that prevent me from riding? Pffft :wink:

hey hang on a second, rewind the thread a bit, you will see im the only one who has done anything to try & help :emot-hfive:

lol

have you started to look for locksmiths in brisbane or melbourne?

spoken to any mobile lock smiths?

how about Mister Mimit? http://www.misterminit.com.au/

if you fireup google and search on

locksmith sydney

theres dozens of them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im in Melbourne. Have spent days googling and door knocking locksmiths with no luck. All because kawasaki havent released the code. $300.00 + to have a mobile locksmith come out. Frustrating to say the least, especially when I'm accustomed to riding the black boyfriend everyday.

Thanks for your suggestions

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts