Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need help solving this. Whenever I bring the bike back/ trying to drop back, it begins losing power (easy way to describe it, it's like locking the footbrake up, no matter how much throttle you give it, it's just gonna bring that front end down.) I did some tests yesterday. After 2 blocks doing a wheelie, floating between 10-11'o'clock the bike will abruptly lose power and you cannot keep the front end up, doesn't make a difference if you are going slow or try to chase it out. The same results when trying to drop back further than 11'clock. See picture below, this is when it starts doing it and if i try to drop back further it wont let me.

The bike also pushes oil through the (I guess PCV valve?) into the air intake, where it collects in the air filter housing before dropping on motor or swingarm. I am guessing this happens because the motor believes the bike has been overfilled with oil, thus eliminating the extra oil. That isn't to big of a problem, I always check my oil levels before riding and top off if needed.

Is this happening because of the oil pickup, oil sensor, or is there something else I am missing? Today during lunch I raised the idle from 2,000 to roughly 2,500 and it did seem to do a little better, do I need to raise it higher? If so what should it be set at?

I checked the battery connections, they are solid. Only regearing done is -1 on the front for now.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, bonus points if you know of a mod or a solution to fix the bike from doing this. (i.e oil pickup mod thats done on groms.)

(Sorry for poor quality pictures.)
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle helmet

· Super Moderator
808 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know what could cause you the loss of power. Those are very nice wheelies though!

Oil starvation should definitely be a concern on long wheelies. Have you been doing those long wheelies for long with the N300? No engine damage due to oil starvation?

· Registered
371 Posts
Maybe without a full tank of gas, you are losing fuel pressure at those angles? That's all I can think of that messes up fuel, air, and spark at certain angles...

Maybe tipover sensor is unhappy at those angles too? Side-stand switch?
Odd...

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts