Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
UPDATE it is going into see a mechanic. I worked on it today. I feel it is a clutch issues or the cable itself. The cable was loosen and loose as it would go. There is no friction point at all. Pull the clutch in drop from N to 1 and the bike immediately starts doing 8-10mph with letting the clutch lever out. I tightened the cable at the clutch and still had same problem. I tried adjusting it at the lever but my friend tightened so tight that it won't turn even with pliers. I don't have to much knowledge on clutches. So I think my next move will be taking it to a shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys a few months ago I posted a topic about my bike losing 5th and 6th gear. We determined that my clutch was starting to go. After more consideration I don't know if that is the case. Background, the bike rides perfect in 1-4 gears when I shift to 5 & 6 the bike revs and hardly accelerates. I have adjusted the clutch cable to the longest point to no avail. My bike has 3500 miles on it. I got oil changed before putting it up for winter last year. In march I got into a serious work place accident and only put 30 miles on my bike over summer in 4 rides. It has sat on stands for almost a year. My mechanic looked at it and said it was low on oil but never checked clutch. He added synthetic oil to it even though it had conventional oil in it already. The problem went away for a week and came back. Is it I need new oil change from sitting so much or a new clutch?
Hey guys a few months ago I posted a topic about my bike losing 5th and 6th gear. We determined that my clutch was starting to go. After more consideration I don't know if that is the case. Background, the bike rides perfect in 1-4 gears when I shift to 5 & 6 the bike revs and hardly accelerates. I have adjusted the clutch cable to the longest point to no avail. My bike has 3500 miles on it. I got oil changed before putting it up for winter last year. In march I got into a serious work place accident and only put 30 miles on my bike over summer in 4 rides. It has sat on stands for almost a year. My mechanic looked at it and said it was low on oil but never checked clutch. He added synthetic oil to it even though it had conventional oil in it already. The problem went away for a week and came back. Is it I need new oil change from sitting so much or a new clutch?
Mine only does it from like 2 to 4 it will slip but after that its fine and its only if I'm in high rpms when I shift my biggest problem is absolutely no power in 6 I gas it and I will actually lose speed compared to 5th because I can max it out at 101 in 5th then I got to 6th and it goes down to the 90s if I'm not going downhill

21 - 24 of 24 Posts