Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I purchased and installed my LV Corsa GP Slip On this evening. I put the baffle in with the included smallest screw and nut known to man, and went out riding. When I got to my girlfriends house it was gone. Long story short, I went back out on my way home and found it.

Question - Should I be concerned that it's possible the small nut fell into the pipe? I'm thinking not because if it has enough force to blow the baffle out I'm sure the nut is long gone.

Also, anyone else ever lose their baffle in flight before?

Thanks guys!

Oh, and it looks and sounds amazing, baffle or not. :D

Btw - I lost it in my neighborhood and put 30 miles on it tonight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I purchased and installed my LV Corsa GP Slip On this evening. I put the baffle in with the included smallest screw and nut known to man, and went out riding. When I got to my girlfriends house it was gone. Long story short, I went back out on my way home and found it.

Question - Should I be concerned that it's possible the small nut fell into the pipe? I'm thinking not because if it has enough force to blow the baffle out I'm sure the nut is long gone.

Also, anyone else ever lose their baffle in flight before?

Thanks guys!

Oh, and it looks and sounds amazing, baffle or not. :D

Btw - I lost it in my neighborhood and put 30 miles on it tonight.
I wouldn't worry about the nut in the exhaust. It would have to travel in a pretty weird direction (against gravity and flow of exhaust) to make it up into the engine, which is the only place it can really do any damage. Try sticking a telescopic magnetic pickup tool inside; maybe you'll find it.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
So you loose the baffle while riding and didn't notice the difference in sound?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest, not until I hit the main road and starting really moving. But it was the first time I had taken her out with the new exhaust so I just figured "damn this thing is loud when going even with the baffle."

And thanks for the comments and advice guys. No worries anymore. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts