Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything wrong with just loosening the clutch cable to bring the handle and friction zone in closer? I am not a fan of the clutch having so much pull.

·
Registered
554 Posts
^ yes that

Better than messing with the actual tightening of the cable. If you mess with it too much you could cause premature failure of the clutch.

What don't you like about it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
No adjustable levers are out yet for the 300 yet though... =( i've been looking and emailing companies...

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I don't see a problem with a little more free play. The engagement is right at the end of the cable pull, I doubt you could make it loose enough to stop it from disengaging. Give it a try carefully. The premature wear would be from too little freeplay causing clutch slip when the lever was all the way out but the cable was still tight.

I adjusted to it pretty quickly, the nice thing is the lever barely has to be pulled to get complete disengagement. Don't bother pulling it all the way in to the bar, just the 1/4" or so it needs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It's especially good if you happen to be wearing thicker gloves for the cold. You can fit the gloves under the lever, and still not have to worry about the gloves being tight under a shorter lever pull. Just pull a small amount and shift

·
Registered
865 Posts
the 250 levers I had hears fit on the brake side, but the clutch side is wicked sloppy..

what brand did you get?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts