Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Administrator
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We're looking for two amazing forum members to join the moderator team. If you think you would be a good addition to the team please post down below. Also if there is a member you think would be a great addition to the Moderator team, please nominate them below.

Here are some of the things we're looking for in a moderator:

1. You must be over the age of 18
  2. You must be an active forum member
  3. You have to be respectful, helpful, and have a history of being a good member
  4. Must be knowledgeable about the Ninja 300
  5. Must be able to work as a Team
If you think you got what it takes please post below. I will keep the thread open for 1 week so we can collect nominee's. After that I will review all the candidates we will bring it to a vote.

Nominated so far:

Ilya

Rogue

Muilisx

Michael V

Carl Hamlin

FreelancerMG

Son1c

Thank you

~ Danniella, Community Support

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
It is not paid.

I'd be willing to join up (I am a moderator on a VERY big Nissan/Infiniti forum - NICOCLUB.com) but I don't know how much longer I'll have a 300 as it's currently for sale. There is a good chance I'll still be around once I get on a 600, but just wanted to make you aware.

I think most people can vouch for me, here.

·
Super Moderator
2,548 Posts
I'm on here quite a bit and consider myself to be extremely patient and tolerant, as well as fairly knowledgeable on the workings of the bike. You can add my name to the list.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I'm still available from last time we did this. I was even told I would have next position when it came available :(

Unfortunately, it turned into a popularity contest more than anything which wasn't too keen IMO, but if this is how it has to be done, I suppose we could do it again. I'm all for anything that benefits this forum and helps build and maintain this awesome community.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/4-site-announcements/25186-new-moderator-us-ca-nominations-votes-wanted.html

I'm almost 27

I have mod experience form old gaming forums that no longer exist.

I've been a member here actively for over a year now with almost 3000 posts as well as donating to the forum and becoming a premium member.

I know quite a lot about the 300, and my new 636

I'm also an admin in the 300 facebook group as well as an admin in one of the 636 groups.

I would also like to mention that I go the extra mile and give away free stuff from time to time in my raffles to the members here. Something I don't see others doing. Yes, it's my choice to do this but it just goes to show the type of person I am that if I have something I feel like giving away, I give this community first dibs on that item. Here are all my raffles I have done so far.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/24337-battery-tender-cable-raffle.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/30937-7-function-multimeter-raffle.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/33217-raffle-maxis-simcity-origin-code-1-day.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/45977-k-n-303-oil-filter-raffle.html#post768873

Also, stay tuned for future raffles!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think I could vote for Ilya, rogue, and Muilisx :) all three great candidates..

I might be interested too, but I wouldn't be a "forum cop" type mod, I've always liked the less-moderated style of forums where most things are behind the scenes and just making things run smoothly.... forums are a place to unwind and relax, hyper-moderating tends makes things tense and uneasy..

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm still available from last time we did this. I was even told I would have next position when it came available :(

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/4-site-announcements/25186-new-moderator-us-ca-nominations-votes-wanted.html

I'm almost 27

I'm also an admin in the 300 facebook group as well as an admin in one of the 636 groups.
everyone who's already posted seems like they would definitely be solid mods here!

also could you add me to the ninja 300 facebook group? Drew Elias is my fb

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I caught you editing in rogue :biggrin:, but indeed, 3 great candidates! :emot-angel:
I edited you in too :tongue:

when I originally wrote that post only Ilya had replied, then I saw you replied after I wrote the post, not seeing that Rogue posted too.. guess I took too long writing my post..

either way, all three of y'all would make good mods IMO..

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I edited you in too :tongue:

when I originally wrote that post only Ilya had replied, then I saw you replied after I wrote the post, not seeing that Rogue posted too.. guess I took too long writing my post..

either way, all three of y'all would make good mods IMO..
hehe :p indeed, let's not forget the candidate from the last time we did a thread like this :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
2,548 Posts
I think I could vote for Ilya, rogue, and Muilisx :) all three great candidates..

I might be interested too, but I wouldn't be a "forum cop" type mod, I've always liked the less-moderated style of forums where most things are behind the scenes and just making things run smoothly.... forums are a place to unwind and relax, hyper-moderating tends makes things tense and uneasy..
Exactly. My style of moderating has always been that it's okay to call someone out on shenanigans that can actually cause harm, but differences of opinions are just that and need to be taken with a grain of salt. As long as opinions are stated in a respectful manner, then it's all good in my book.

Plus, I have no intention of ever getting rid of my 300. Repurposing it to a track toy, maybe, but I'm never getting rid of it.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
It's okay to call someone out on shenanigans that can actually cause harm, but differences of opinions are just that and need to be taken with a grain of salt. As long as opinions are stated in a respectful manner, then it's all good in my book.
Well said.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I wouldn't mind stepping up to be a mod. I'm active everyday and constantly on my computer/phone. Although I may not reply to every single thread I'm always here lol. Although it looks like the first 3 candidates probably have a much better advantage over me. As far as experience I am a moderator on www.hellzoneclan.org (a pc gaming clan) and I was previously a moderator on www.pslsite.forumotion.com which is a soccer league on counter-strike source, both under the same name Michael V.

·
Administrator
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is this a paid position?
Unfortunately not but you will get a free Lifetime membership to the forum.

Unfortunately, it turned into a popularity contest more than anything which wasn't too keen IMO, but if this is how it has to be done, I suppose we could do it again. I'm all for anything that benefits this forum and helps build and maintain this awesome community.

I'm almost 27

I've been a member here actively for over a year now with almost 3000 posts.

I would also like to mention that I go the extra mile and give away free stuff from time to time in my raffles to the members here. Something I don't see others doing. Yes, it's my choice to do this but it just goes to show the type of person I am that if I have something I feel like giving away, I give this community first dibs on that item. Here are all my raffles I have done so far.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/24337-battery-tender-cable-raffle.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/30937-7-function-multimeter-raffle.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/33217-raffle-maxis-simcity-origin-code-1-day.html

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/37-parts-gear-sale/45977-k-n-303-oil-filter-raffle.html#post768873

Also, stay tuned for future raffles!
I wouldn't mind stepping up to be a mod. I'm active everyday and constantly on my computer/phone. Although I may not reply to every single thread I'm always here lol. Although it looks like the first 3 candidates probably have a much better advantage over me. As far as experience I am a moderator on www.hellzoneclan.org (a pc gaming clan) and I was previously a moderator on www.pslsite.forumotion.com which is a soccer league on counter-strike source, both under the same name Michael V.
It is not paid.

I'd be willing to join up (I am a moderator on a VERY big Nissan/Infiniti forum - NICOCLUB.com) but I don't know how much longer I'll have a 300 as it's currently for sale. There is a good chance I'll still be around once I get on a 600, but just wanted to make you aware.

I think most people can vouch for me, here.
I'm on here quite a bit and consider myself to be extremely patient and tolerant, as well as fairly knowledgeable on the workings of the bike. You can add my name to the list.
I have added you to the list. Thank you for applying ^_^

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts

Exactly. My style of moderating has always been that it's okay to call someone out on shenanigans that can actually cause harm, but differences of opinions are just that and need to be taken with a grain of salt. As long as opinions are stated in a respectful manner, then it's all good in my book.

Plus, I have no intention of ever getting rid of my 300. Repurposing it to a track toy, maybe, but I'm never getting rid of it.
Agreed. I'm pretty hands off unless someone royally does themself in somehow with a bad post, etc.

If I had to vote, it would be for Rogue as well lol.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I feel there should be some form of history requirement as well like, you have to be a member for a certain amount of time, and have to have above a certain post count. This way the nominees are strictly members who have been here a while and not someone who walked in the door a few weeks, or a month ago. This way you know your nominees have history with you guys, and have been around a while.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.