Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've discovered that cortech 2 litre saddle bags and the large Kuryakyn bag make a good team. I have enough room for tools, a mini air pump, a can of tire inflate goop, raingear, cold weather head and neck gear, and a weeks worth of clothes. Here is a pic of the setup....

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Old Rider, now thats what im talking about when i say this bike is a sports tourer. have you tried it out yet. my only concern is the big bag on top if it is too heavy it might damage the saddle bags under it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow your bike is badass. I am going to be getting some luggage evetually too and hopefully a better seat for long rides. These look great.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Drove 479 miles from florida to north carolina, no problem.... total bag weights filled with stuff are about 110lbs. I changed up on the bungees on the front, took them thru the bottom loops on the top bag and doubled them up. The bottom bags hold the top one level since it only rides about 2 inches onto each side (top bag is 18" wide) the bottom is heavy plastic so it gives it a fairly solid surface. The bottom saddle bags did mess up my paint job on the tips of the tail front, but that is only because its a cheapo paint job, it won't hurt factory paint (or so the dealer told me). The bottom bags go over top of the seat, the straps are velcro and adjustable to the shape of the tail, they have four straps to hold them on.

Reactions: cruizin

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes... I used some clear 3m tape, but it looks terrible, but served its purpose. The tail area has four different angles and is really tough to get even.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow your bike is badass. I am going to be getting some luggage evetually too and hopefully a better seat for long rides. These look great.
Thanks... just spray can painted it to get an idea of what I want it to really look like. And yes the seat could use some updating or a pad, i'll buy one or fix one up at a later date.
Oh, I like your picasso avatar.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do plan on doing some camping this summer, a sleeping bag would go good on top of the big bag. There would be plenty of room for stuff for a couple of days at a camp site, I don't think I would try to take the bike on a trail tho.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: reggae5

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
just checked out the saddle bags they look really good I think I will get them then later on get the tail bag

Update I just ordered the bags :)
Update number 2 - I received an unexpected check in the mail today so ordered the Cortech Super Tailbag also
Got to love Karma

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Got my cortech saddle bags and tail bag love the look and now the bikes more useful since I can run to the store and have the ability to carry something home

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
to quote their web site
" To protect the finish on your bike when mounting the bags, there is a protective, non-slip, non-scratch, diamond pattern strap and side pads" so the paint on the passenger seat sides are protected. Also they come with long wide optional straps you can use to protect the finish incase your bike has a cowl over the passenger seat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts