Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I decided to do a road trip from Mexico City to Cancun over the next spring break and since this is my first trip this long (3200 Km / 1988 mi) I just wanted to ask you guys for tips and things to watch out during my trip. From experience, what are the items that I would need to accomplish such trip, I also plan to do an oil change and adjust the chain before leaving.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi everyone!

I decided to do a road trip from Mexico City to Cancun over the next spring break and since this is my first trip this long (3200 Km / 1988 mi) I just wanted to ask you guys for tips and things to watch out during my trip. From experience, what are the items that I would need to accomplish such trip, I also plan to do an oil change and adjust the chain before leaving.

Thanks a lot!
Should be a fun trip!! Have a great ride and be safe!!

I'm pretty sure a couple of people on the forum have done long trips on their 300's and will pop in here to give their advice.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
have a read thru here

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...0-ninja-do-yourself-how-thread.html#post53833

a sheepskin/gel seat pad to reduce vibration

bar weights - again reduce vibration

some kind of throttle lock for the long highway stretches

a taller screen the stock to deflect wind over you more to reduce neck strain from wind buffeting you around and cut down wind noise

ear plugs - lots of them

get a car tyre tube and slice it up and put some between the pegs & bike to reduce vibration

spare brake/clutch levers and put them under rear seat , cos if you drop the bike
your pretty much guaranteed to break/bend them

become a member of roadside assist, eg if in the USA get AAA or the likes

carry a mobile phone & charger even if it inly to be used n an emergency to call for an ambulance. you might find someone else who has had an accident and you can assist

hazard lights - see the DIY sticky

brake light modulator - see DIY sticky

BMW underseat power plug or the likes to charge phone etc while riding - see DIY sticky

ventura rack or likes to keep the weight of your shoulders/back so you can relax and enjoy riding - again see DIY sticky

that will start you off on your adventure, im sure others will chime in too

·
Administrator
3,467 Posts
Check your tire tread before you leave and if it looks like "they might be ready for replacement when you get back" then replace them before you leave because few things suck worse than having to track down new ones in the middle of a trip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about putting on the 15 tooth front sprocket to reduce RPMs for my road trip.

Any suggestions for the throttle lock? That would be super handy.
Hi! I was thinking the same about the front sprocket, I purchased it time ago but never did the swap so maybe for the trip is a good idea, thanks!

For the throttle lock i just purchased 5 minutes ago the omni cruise. I think some member from here did a review on it on youtube and it got my attention, seems very easy to use and its a great value for your money considering you can use it almost in any bike

http://youtu.be/Nt_2_wBvAlw

http://www.omni-cruise.com/

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was going to say talk to ^^^^^ this guy here, but he's already made himself known. He's taken a long trip himself and documented it here and he is planning another one to Mexico actually next month it seems.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
also be sure to under take all bike servicing / tire changes/brake changes and get it all finished with a *minimum* of 1 week before you depart. this gives you a chance to iron out any bugs *before* you try and vanish down the road

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.