Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The wind noise is what does it for me. I have a bell qualifier dlx helmet which is just a barebones basic full face so I get a lot of wind noise. I have noticed Earplugs will cut out that wind noise but still allow you hear other noises like horns and engines.
Now what i really need before I do some long distance rides this season is a better seat!

·
Registered
7 Posts
cruise

I haven't tried one yet, but I'm told these things are great for long trips. Basically like having cruise control.

search for 'motorcycle throttle clamp cruise control grip' (I can't post links yet)

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
My son has a Throttlemeister on his VFR that applies resistance so the throttle stays where you put it, but can be moved easily.

The problem is getting it set perfectly. Changes in elevation, wind, draft, or anything alter your speed so you are constantly making adjustments . He was wishing for electronic cruise control (like an auto).

·
Registered
146 Posts
My son has a Throttlemeister on his VFR that applies resistance so the throttle stays where you put it, but can be moved easily.

The problem is getting it set perfectly. Changes in elevation, wind, draft, or anything alter your speed so you are constantly making adjustments . He was wishing for electronic cruise control (like an auto).

https://www.mccruise.com/collections/honda-bikecruise/honda-vfr

LOVED mine on my NT700V and NINJA 1000!!! Awesome customer support! I was going to put the one I salvaged off the N1K on my 300, but too many unknowns and potential expense and headache. I decided to try a BrakeAway throttle lock (had one on my Shadow) this year and see how that works.
https://brakeawayproducts.com/

Reactions: jkv45

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't tried one yet, but I'm told these things are great for long trips. Basically like having cruise control.

search for 'motorcycle throttle clamp cruise control grip' (I can't post links yet)
For me it's impossible to ride the Ninja 300 longer than half an hour without one. My right wrist would get really tired, but with this little helper I can ride all day. It is a bit irritating that it slowly slides down a bit, but you can correct it easily just by moving it with your thumb, so I would not call it a problem. The only place, where I take it away, is the race track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2013 ninja 300, told l cannot do long distances as it's too maintain 140-150 km/h speeds... I once did 400km return trip in a day... I was told I'm killing my bike... Please advise

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the 2013 ninja 300, told l cannot do long distances as it's too maintain 140-150 km/h speeds... I once did 400km return trip in a day... I was told I'm killing my bike... Please advise
As long as all the maintenance is done, you aren't causing any problems.

I'd suggest using a good synthetic oil and keeping tabs on the level. The little Ninja's engines are tough, but will use some oil through the crankcase vent system into the airbox when running extended high RPMs and hot temps.

Not a big issue, but you may need to add some oil after a bit. The engines don't tend to "blow up", but most catastrophic failures can be traced to an owner not keeping track of the oil level.

Always bring oil with you on a long trip, and check the level at each gas stop.

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
If that type of riding killed a Ninja 300, mine would've been dead years ago. Run synthetic oil, give a glance at the site glass when you stop for gas, and do your routine maintenance on schedule and you'll be fine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts