Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 300 and am wanting to take a distance highway ride from southern Michigan to Louisville its 280 miles of all interstate roughly 60-80 mph. I have done two oil changes in the first 800 miles. I also have done a oil filter change about 30 miles ago. I have read a lot about getting your 300 serviced by a dealer around the 600 mile mark but have yet to do so. Should I get a service before I take this trip or am I okay to go ahead and ride? I am very comfortable on the bike and have done a round trip 90 miles with a 15 minute stop of all interstate riding about 100 miles ago and the bike did just fine.
Just a little curious cause this is my first bike and don't want to really mess things up by taking a long trip before I should.

Thanks
Brandon.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
CHECK BOLTS FOR TIGHTNESS!! I once took a long trip on my CBR and hadn't checked the bolts during the first oil change. My shifter ended up coming undone in the middle of the desert. luckily the bolt stayed in the shifter and I had my tools with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.