Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2013 300 uses H7 headlights correct?
I am looking to upgrade to H7 10k HID kid and have both beams on instead of the right low / left high beam. What is the process for this or how can I as a new bike owner complete the task of upgrading to the HID system.

Thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Just a friendly warning, you are probably gonna get flamed from everyone if you plan on putting HID's in the stock housing. Not a good idea, unsafe for other motorists.

I would go projectors if you plan on going HID, the stock reflectors are not made to reflect the light from a HID correctly. You will blind oncoming people.

A simple upgrade of the stock bulbs to a better quality of bulb is usually all that is required to give better light, or an upgrade to projector type headlights.

This topic has been covered well in the past, and it always goes the same way..........never put HID's in stock reflector housings.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
yes the lights are H7, and i think Jeff summed it up nicely

having said that, i dropped HID's in to my K1200LTSE years ago, dropped the height of the light & was good as gold. the stock highbeam on the BMW was woeful. the stock headlights on the 300 are *LIGHTYEARS* ahead of the K1200LT im more then happy with the stock lights on the 300 for night riding

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah I reckon the stock is superb. Everyone seems to want to put HID's in though, I must be missing something.

Must be darker at night in the Northern Hemisphere....... :p

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
maybe their stock headlights are not as bright as ours perhaps?;) maybe they have candles in theirs:eek:
Actually thats not a bad point, would be interesting to know if they are the exact same bulbs used in all countries. You never know, may be regulations that we dont know about that specify the how bright they are allowed to be standard.

Just a thought, cause you dont see many people from Oz saying that the headlights are poor, but many in the US seem to upgrade them.

Curious.......

·
Registered
208 Posts
the stock headlights are actually better then some cars i have driven
still went and bought bkmoto projector kit though :)

Reactions: kbails84

·
Registered
310 Posts
Actually thats not a bad point, would be interesting to know if they are the exact same bulbs used in all countries.
You can't even be sure it's the same bulb in all countries, even if they are from the same manufacturer and have the exact same name.

A bulb broke in my KTM Adventurer on a trip in Sweden and I bought the exact same bulb from the same manufacturer, but the Swedish bulb was much brighter than what I had bought in Denmark. I figured it could just be a improved product and the manufacturer just didn't change the name. Curiosity got the better of me and I bought an "identical" bulb when I got home to Denmark (right down to identical bar code). It was not as bright as the Swedish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!

I'd like to thank you guys or your replies and posts to the topic of the headlights. It's not so much that I want to put HID's in, I simply want to have both lights on while driving which I assume requires blocking mirrors or something. (I've only read about it) I'm brand new to the bike world and live in Alaska so we have lots of animals and such. I purchased H7 10K HID kit which doesnt sound like it will be to "road friendly" - I have 10K HID in my Mustang and they stand out which means I'm sure they piss all kinds of people off. haha

I don't want to blind anyone but would like to upgrade the lighting simply for aesthetics.

Upgrade pointers for a sleek look would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where did you find the Projector Lighting Set?

the stock headlights are actually better then some cars i have driven
still went and bought bkmoto projector kit though :)

I am looking to upgrade the lighting to the angel eye or the projector setup, could you please provide photos of your set up or a link to where I could find the projector item! Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.