Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how long it took to get your actual license plate. I went to the tag office in December. They said it could take 90 days or more. Please note, I ordered a vanity plate. I realize a vanity plate will take a little longer, but three months?! Ugh, I'm so over this temporary paper on my fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
Apparently it goes by how busy they are. I have had plates the same week, but 2 weeks is more typical here in TX. The dealer does all that for you and part of the waiting time is how long before the dealer goes to the license branch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Took 2 weeks in Florida, which has been about the standard for all the cars I've bought here. You did the tag work yourself? If the dealer did it sometimes they'll expect you to come in and pick it up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took 2 weeks in Florida, which has been about the standard for all the cars I've bought here. You did the tag work yourself? If the dealer did it sometimes they'll expect you to come in and pick it up.
Yeah, we go to the tag office ourselves here. I'm sure it's taking so long because it's a vanity, but geez, I will have forgotten I ordered it by the time it shows up. Lol, I wouldn't trust my dealer to do anything for me. I HATE their service, lackluster attitude, sales pitch...everything. I only bought from them because they had my Ninja in stock.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on my tag. Still waiting on it from December! Called about it again yesterday and my local tag office had to call Atlanta. Atlanta has no record of it ever being processed, but did see that the tag expiration date is 2099. Wtf? I guess I'll be sporting a temporary tag for a few more months. *sigh*

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep in mind, it takes much longer for vanity plates. Mine is a vanity, but it still should have been here by now. Maximum wait "in Georgia" is 3 months (per tag office lady). It would be nice if they left my expiration date 2099. That alone would be worth the wait! At least they admitted they screwed up and lost it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I paid $65 for 2 years at the DMV o_O

1 - 20 of 30 Posts