Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I am looking for a SMALL tank bag that I can use as a lunch box to take to work. I used to have a Fieldsheer Driver Tank Bag which worked awesome but they are now discontinued and no longer available. This is what it looked like:

Its nice and small and held my lunch perfectly.. Now everything I am finding is big and bulky.. What happened to small and simple haha..

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've got the Icon Urban tank bag. I've only ever used it as a tank bag, but it also doubles as a backpack and can carry your helmet in backpack mode. The magnets hold great. I haven't had anything too heavy in there yet, but I don't anticipate it being an issue. It is kinda big. Perhaps their Primer one is more your style?

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
not the best pictures, but you can at least see the size in relation to the tank.. and the reflective features, which was a plus for us.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Finally got my bike. Bag is huge, I don't really like the way it opens. I'm getting used to it. It is lightweight. Chase Harper 1360M SR3 Black Magnetic Tank Bag

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
just a tip for you putting magnetic tank bags on your bike. rest assured sooner or later your tank will get scratch marks all over it.

one way i have found to stop this happening is with some "antislip" sheets. you can buy them in assorted colours and feel like rubber. the sheet itself is not solid looking like a piece of paper.
it has many small holes thru the sheet. you can easily trim it to size / shape with a pair of scissors.
put this on your tank first, *THEN* put your tank bag on. problem solved.this tip i learnt 17 years ago on my cbr250rr and has served me well

if you live in Australia you can usually buy the stuff at Woolworth's in the isle where you find plastic lunch bags etc for the kitchen, and i have seen it some times at super cheap auto as well.

i went hunting on ebay and this is the stuff im talking about

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bathroom-Antislip-Off-White-Latex-Pad-Bath-Floor-Mat-150cm-x-29cm-/150955475227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2325a5c11b

its only about 2 millimetres thick, if that. works well and very inexpensive

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
With the tank bag on can you still see your gauges or does it block them?
i have a dryrider tank bag and its huge compared to some of the ones the guys above have shown & yes i can see see my instrument cluster

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the Icon Urban tank bag. I've only ever used it as a tank bag, but it also doubles as a backpack and can carry your helmet in backpack mode. The magnets hold great. I haven't had anything too heavy in there yet, but I don't anticipate it being an issue. It is kinda big. Perhaps their Primer one is more your style?
Do you have any pics of it on the bike

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Do you have any pics of it on the bike
I have that bag.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/20-kawasaki-ninja-300-pictures/33-official-lime-green-ebony-kawasaki-ninja-300-picture-thread-2.html#post45678

It's big but I like being able to stuff in a bunch of stuff on a whim. No problems seeing the instrument cluster and I'm short haha. This bag really can hold a lot more than you think. I can stuff in my boots, overpants, and strap-on knee armor in the bag once I reach my destination. I didn't find that the helmet holding feature works well (strap kept loosening) but maybe it works better for other people.

·
Registered
399 Posts

Originally got the Joe Rocket Manta XL but it had less space, no hydration option and the phone pocket was smaller with only a small circular window to view the phone.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts