Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put the Leo Vince GP Corsa Slip-On exhaust onto their 2012 (or earlier) bike? They list it is good on 2013-2016.

·
Registered
84 Goldwing Aspencade, 91 EX500, 98 Ninja 250/17 300 engine swap, 07 EX500
42 Posts
What are you looking for it to fit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Ninja 300 started in 2013 and I have one on my 2013 model. What exactly are you asking for?
Yeah that's what I thought, maybe he's asking will it fit the newgen 250, am I'm pretty sure it should fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you looking for it to fit?
Yeah that's what I thought, maybe he's asking will it fit the newgen 250, am I'm pretty sure it should fit.
Oh sweet thanks! I’m a loser and the person who sold it to me told me it was a 2012 and I took his word for it. Clearly need to do my own research in the future. I guess it’s a 2013 then. Thanks y’all.

How do you like the sound? I heard it’s pretty loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh sweet thanks! I’m a loser and the person who sold it to me told me it was a 2012 and I took his word for it. Clearly need to do my own research in the future. I guess it’s a 2013 then. Thanks y’all.

How do you like the sound? I heard it’s pretty loud.
I had one on my (newgen) 250. It sounded as good as most slip-ons do on small twins… which is… 🤷‍♂️.

For reference, I have the Yoshimura on my 300… which sounds a bit “better” to me. If LV had made a GP pipe for the 300 at the time I got mine, I probably would have bought it.

I don’t recall that it was much louder than the Yoshimura… but I do remember it being a bit drone-y on the highway. It had the same dull thumping beat and occasional raspiness along with the decel pops and crackles that seem to be characteristic of most slip-ons for these bikes.

Definitely do your research though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think it sounds and looks great. I leave my baffle in because it was too loud for me with it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Okay, my 2¢, Exhaust systems are a difficult one, everyone likes a different sound, like music.

I like OEM exhaust systems for a street bikes. I have had a few that I've done slip-ons, on my FJ1100 I had a pair of Super Trapp which after I tuned them and the carbs it sounded great.

With small displacement engines, especially parallel twins, most I don't care for, they just high pitched, and make it sound poorly, it sounds small if you know what I mean.

On my 91 EX500 I have a pair of Cobra F1r slip-ons, repacked with ACOUSTA-FIL® which helped, but it doesn't sound good to me, a bit high pitched, raspie, but not bad enough to sell them.

On my 07 EX500 I hah a full Vance & Hines SS2r system, I did repack the muffler once again using ACOUSTA-FIL®, and a full wrap on the pipes as well.

I love the way this sounds, not high pitched, a nice burble on decel especially once PAIR was removed. It's not too loud, especially in the lower rpms.

As I said for everyday use, I like it OEM, or a quiet system. For more spirted riding I like aftermarket systems, slip-on's.

Just do yourself a favor, invest in a quality system, and/or mufflers, avoid the cheap Chinese stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts