Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best picture, but I am no photographer, plus I live in the Seattle area, you all know what that weather is like, dark, cold and rainy and now add lots of wind!! So I cant easily go outside to take a picture :(

The install of this exhaust went VERY well, there are only 3 bolts holding on the factory exhaust, two clamps at the bottom (one for the heat shield and one for the muffler itself) and the one bolt holding the muffler to the passenger peg.

The new muffler goes on in a very similar fashion. The one thing I do not like about this muffler is that it does not bolt itself to the passenger peg, it comes withing about 1" from the peg and then has a little bracket drop down. In my opinion that just looks tacky, they could of easily reshaped the piping so it attaches correctly.. The largest problem with this is that you can no longer use a peg delete bracket from either a 250R or a 300 without using that little adapter piece. The only passenger peg delete bracket that will work will be the SSR bracket, I didnt like it because it looked so wimpy but I went ahead and ordered it anyway because I want the pegs gone. The SSR bracket will work because it is ithe only bracket that allows for so much adjustment.

So now for the good stuff. I first started it up WITHOUT the silencer in it.. OMG is was SO SO SO loud but sounded amazing! I was in my tiny garage so the sound echoed off the walls. I gave it a quick rev up to about 5k and my ears were ringing :eek::eek: I didnt think there was any way this little bike could be this loud!! So I then proceded to take it out for a spin.. Outside the exhaust was not as loud, it was still crazy loud there was just no echo from my garage. I gave it a quick rev outside and my neighbor comes running out asking WTF was going on :eek::eek: So after a couple minutes of chit chat with him I proceeded to take it for a spin, it popped like crazy, it sounded like I was cooking a bag of popcorn while riding haha.. At 10mph it was so loud it sounded like I should be at REDLINE!!! But I must say it sounded AWESOME that this little bike could be so freaking LOUD!! After hopping on the freeway for a couple exits, I decided there is no way I could do that for commuting..

So I went back home and popped in the silencer.. Started it back up.. It sounded great, definily much louder than stock but not annoying at all, I took it for a quick spin, and again louder than stock but not annoying at all, I could commute all day with this and not go crazy. Also I had little to no popping.. There were a couple random pops that I go but nothing not expected with a tiny aftermarket can such as this..

When all said in done, my final thoughts are this. For its price, you will NOT find a another name brand, quality product. You can get some off brand on ebay, but why buy an off brand if you can get a well known brand for the same price.. Now I will say that YES the more expensive exhaust do look a little nice, in my opinion at least.. But then again they are twice the price of this system, if not more.. I also always shop for cost and I would have a hard time paying the price of a TBR or Yosh pipe after owning one of these LV Corsa systems.. Because you get the same quality, same result, for a fraction of the cost, the only thing you would be paying for is the look..

End result.. I FULLY recommend this product and give a special thanks to HardRacing for the awesome deal and customer service :D:D:D

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Any "performance" upgrades, eg two brothers +2HP -5 lbs weight?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what the weight loss is, but its ALOT, its like a feather compared to the stock..

As for HP, not sure, Leo does not have anything posted last I checked.. But personally.. I am not a racer, if I was I would of bought full system if I was.. I just wanted to make some noise and get rid of the stock can..

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks I'm not too concerned HP I was just curious. I was looking at those on one of our sponsor websites the other day and for the price it sounds cool

· Registered
401 Posts
I'm sold as well. For the price, look, and name, it's a wrap. The sound clip of this same pipe on a 250R sound awesome so I know on the 300R it's gotta be even better. I am itching to hear this pipe on a 300 without the silencer.
Too loud for some may be just right for others. Certainly don't want to piss off the neighbors but I can't ride around sounding like a ten speed with a Tops baseball card in my spokes.

· Banned
1,753 Posts
I shopped this one too but read the noise levels were very high. Secondly, I ride alot, and expect to go 20k on this bike in 2 years and the less packing material a muffler has the more often it needs to be replaced. These mufflers need servicing and get "blown out" rather quickly already. Making it even smaller with less absorption media will only shorten the life of the packing.

It deteriorates gradually, and most riders miss it happening till it is too late and they have degraded performance and a ratty sounding bike with a hole in the muffler body.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not 100% sure about that.. I actually have a 250R which you can kinda see in the pic, and I put the peg bracket on my 300 to see if it would work without the adapter.. I couldn't get it to line up, it was about 1/2" off.

All the exhaust companies claim that the header shape has changed, and its just dumb luck that some exhausts still can adjust to fit.. Maybe its true..

I wanted to post this as well. I to ride ALOT, I am a commuter but also like to go on LONG rides as well.. I bought this pipe for for a temporary exhaust more than a permanent fixture.. I bought it because I really wanted somethign different, as I am addicted to modding plus I wanted some noise.. But I know alot of options are not yet available. I will probably keep this exhaust for 6 months to a year and then get something a more permanent.

· Banned
1,753 Posts
I wasn't knockin ya CB, :D but you and I are among the few exceptions as far as miles ridden. Most motos in the USA run under 2k miles a year and end up on craiglist with 3k after a few years of being buried in a shed.

I ran stock cans on my KTMs till I got pipes after a few years as a gift. Thingf was the KTMs have basically an Akra built exhaust with decent performance out of the box, or a simple mod away from it at most. Also they had full SS construction.

I'd have left the stock can if it wasn't such a load of recycled scrap steel. The sound levels of that pipe I miss, and my can is very quiet/stock sounding by most standards.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn't knockin ya CB, :D but you and I are among the few exceptions as far as miles ridden. Most motos in the USA run under 2k miles a year and end up on craiglist with 3k after a few years of being buried in a shed.
Didn't think that at all, I know exactly what you are talking about.. I am one of the riders that racks up the miles.. 5k a year has been my minumum.. Just under 10k has been my maximum to date.. :D:D:D

· Registered
1,581 Posts

I ran stock cans on my KTMs till I got pipes after a few years as a gift. Thingf was the KTMs have basically an Akra built exhaust with decent performance out of the box, or a simple mod away from it at most. Also they had full SS construction.

I'd have left the stock can if it wasn't such a load of recycled scrap steel. The sound levels of that pipe I miss, and my can is very quiet/stock sounding by most standards.
I've put nearly five hundred miles on it; I will have had it a month on Christmas lol

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.