Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
That looks good! I really like the stripes!

Those LED front lights seem really brigh, which ones did you use??

I actually threw in a pair of amber ones, they look like parking lights, I kinda like the look, its not for everyone though..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the H7 Hid's at 6000k (only 1 on) It looks killer I'll try to add a vid later on.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Pretty awesome. I wonder if that's legal around here...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty awesome. I wonder if that's legal around here...
:rolleyes: umm..... lol I don't think its is anywhere. But the side LED's only light up the insinde of the motor. You can see my frome over a half mile away from the side now though.:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
:rolleyes: umm..... lol I don't think its is anywhere. But the side LED's only light up the insinde of the motor. You can see my frome over a half mile away from the side now though.:D
good point, i would like to do some lights too, in the future, when i get some more $$ in my pocket

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but for the headlights, is that a direct swap?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks good!

That looks good! I really like the stripes!

Those LED front lights seem really brigh, which ones did you use??

I actually threw in a pair of amber ones, they look like parking lights, I kinda like the look, its not for everyone though..
I was thinking of ordering some amber LEDs for there too, but the only thing bugging me is whether or not it will confuse other motorists when using your turn signals (since the parkers wouldn't be blinking like on all other cars.) It might cause people to fail to notice the actual blinking signal lower down on the bike :\

So I'm thinking of putting some other colour there... maybe blue? I just don't want to attract too much unwanted attention :p

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is for the most part you do need to cut the weather seal to run the wires and mount the balists. (sorry can't spell today)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good!

I was thinking of ordering some amber LEDs for there too, but the only thing bugging me is whether or not it will confuse other motorists when using your turn signals (since the parkers wouldn't be blinking like on all other cars.) It might cause people to fail to notice the actual blinking signal lower down on the bike :\

So I'm thinking of putting some other colour there... maybe blue? I just don't want to attract too much unwanted attention :p
you could always set it up as a blinker as well if you go amber.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will put some up when I get home don't have any with me. As soon as I can ride again I will do a vid as well.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I went for a ride last night and was at the store when one of the chp I see often told me I need an on/off switch for the side LED's and that the HID's can get me a ticket if over 4000k so I will be going to stock for a while. :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ticketing for HID temperature is really flaky. 6000K isn't so hot as to look really blue, so it's likely not even something a cop would notice unless they're just looking for a reason to pull you over. 6000K is certainly nothing like these 8000K+ bulbs that start to look purple.

I personally wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well for now I will just go back on them seeing as I have to pull it all apart to put the few bolts that I left out back in anyways.

·
Registered
294 Posts
CA, is a tough place when it comes to laws and regulations, I was questioning lighting effects here in our area, and Britt said that she thought it was ok to have them on while riding, just no red or blue lights. I would like to have some on mine in the future, and yes, I would have a on/off switch mounted anyways, but I would still like to ride with them turned on.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts