Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious as I cant seem to find any information on the legality of having these on especially in Australia can anyone fill me in...as i really want them but dont want to be hit up constantly by the cops......

·
Registered
523 Posts
Whatever you find out, make sure they're not made of aluminum. Getting valve caps galvanically welded to your valve stems is a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Reminds me of the light cycles from Tron Legacy.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Stateside they are illegal everywhere but Pennsylvania as far as I know. Not to mention you are putting a lot of extra mass on the end of your valve stem that it wasn't designed to hold. The further out you get on a wheel from the center the faster and more force is exerted. Could fracture or damage the valve stem over time, not to mention can throw the balance of the wheel off by quite a bit unless you have a shop counter-balance it with a weight in the proper position. While I wanted to get these for my bike because I thought they looked cool, mechanically alone, it's just not worth the potential extra damage it can cause to the valve stems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put led lights on my bike and i would like to put those on my rims cool. I live in Dallas tx. I got pulled over onec just have a switch on so u can turn on and off when u see a cop. Lol but lately I've seen a lot of cars with lights on their rims now i guess it depends on the cop if he want to be a ass

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Typical anything that looks cool is illegal and im sure qld cops would hammer me especially seeing as I already got pulled over because they wanted to check out the new 300

Sent from my MT15a using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
229 Posts
Typical anything that looks cool is illegal and im sure qld cops would hammer me especially seeing as I already got pulled over because they wanted to check out the new 300

Sent from my MT15a using Motorcycle.com Free App
Or to see the cute girl on the bike! :)

IMO, these LEDs are obnoxious and tacky. Also it is a safety issue to others on the road.

·
Registered
115 Posts
here in st. louis, MO, people have LEDs under their cars and bikes. There are areas where cops just don't care because they've got other things to look for, but then there are the areas where they'll throw every ticket they can at you.

I like the lights honestly, but would want more than just one per wheel so it would look like a solid light at speed.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I like the lights honestly, but would want more than just one per wheel so it would look like a solid light at speed.

They do look like a solid light at speed. Kinda like a ring. I had some on my car WAY back when... problem with mine was everyone else liked them too. They were stolen more than once and the battery doesn't last long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts