Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ninjas

I would like some advice for my first leather jackets. I have two options at the moment. One is a tight fit and the other is one size up. I feel my chest is a bit tight with the first one but I am quite comfortable with the second one as there is some room around the chest. However, the sales girl said the leather will be stretched out over time and recommended me the first one. What is your advice on the leather jacket?

Thank you.
Jie

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hi Ninjas

I would like some advice for my first leather jackets. I have two options at the moment. One is a tight fit and the other is one size up. I feel my chest is a bit tight with the first one but I am quite comfortable with the second one as there is some room around the chest. However, the sales girl said the leather will be stretched out over time and recommended me the first one. What is your advice on the leather jacket?

Thank you.
Jie
For race fit: get the tightest jacket that doesnt hurt and still allows you to breathe

0.5-1.0 size up is ok for casual riding but you don't want the hard parts to shift if you go down. That is when you know the jacket is too loose. These are motorcycle leathers not casual jackets that are ultra comfortable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe look at different brands since the cut of the jacket can vary. Also, if you plan to get back protector, chest pad inserts or bulkier armour, the extra space might fill up from that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Supersport, indomie and tropicalbob

Thanks for the advice. I choose the tight fit as the leather jacket need to break in. The bigger one is quite loose around the arm.

Jie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts