Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my right lower leg and ankle less than 2 years ago, and after 4 months in a wheelchair and 3 surgeries later, I am admittedly kind of scared and overprotective of it now! This will be my first time riding a bike since the break. My question is, do any of you ladies know of any riding boots with ankle protection/shanks? thanks! Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Get full racing boots. Alpinestars makes good ones (and are CE certified). I currently own the SMX Plus and I definitely feel protected in them. I find them still comfortable enough to wear for longer periods of time off the bike as. Dainese makes some nice looking ones as well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
^ Agreed, with the full racing boots. I have the Dainese Torque Pro Out, specifically because I didn't want something to happen to my ankle, or have it hyperextend, etc. They are super comfortable too, no break in necessary.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, (sorry if this is a dumb question) but how do you know if they are full racing boots as opposed to just riding boots?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I personally like Sidi boots. Not that the ones mentioned above are bad, but Sidi only makes boots where the other manufacturers make all types of gear. So Sidi's R&D is all about boots.

I have the male version of these:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-womens-vertigo-lei-boots

I got them 1/2 size smaller than my personal shoes as I like my boots tight, they are very comfortable and I can wear them for hours and they are not even broken in yet.

·
Registered
801 Posts
i got sidi vortice! very confidence building!!! very expensive! but try ebay, some importing from europe for good prices!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts