Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be renting my new bike from the bank for the next few years as they approved my loan his afternoon

my local kwaka dealer has ordered most of what i wanted last week to try and get it here before xmas

i have ordered the following for my ride

1 x Kwaka 300 SE ABS
1 x 4 year extended warranty
1 x free first service
1 x tank pad
1 x foam handle grips
1 x double bubble screen - genuine Kawasaki touring
1 x k&n air cleaner
1 x 15 tooth front sprocket
2 x swingarm spools
1 x two brothers racing slip on
1 x power commander 5
1 x power commander 5 map switch (the PC 5 hold 2 maps at once, you can flick the switch, mount it to handle bars to flick between power/economy
1 x ventura rack (even though ventura havent even made one for it yet, lol)

it was ordered last week, i will keep you posted and get photos when it arrives, fingered crossed its here before xmas

trading in my 21 year old Suzuki Across 250, 1991 model, it has done its job well for me the time i have owned it in the past 8 months...

bring on the new bike:)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
it still cracks me up that you have christmas in summer...

but it's good riding time for ye yea?

cheers on ye mate!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been keeping in touch with Ventura with regards to the rack for the Ninja 300 for the past few weeks, i emailed them yesterday to see how far away the rack is and heres the reply i got this morning

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Definitely good timing, we have the bike here , arrived yesterday and will have it completed today.

We will make jigs etc and should be into production next week, but with
support industries closing over the Christmas period, it will most likely not be available till mid January .

Our Aus distributors should have all the models information next week.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yay for Ventura!!!

Im looking forward to it arriving:)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have been back in touch with the dealer. theres a shortage of the ninja 300 abs in australia. i wont see my new ride now till January some time.oh well. with a bit of luck the bike and rack will be here together. sounds good to me:)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent updated this for a while.went and visited local kwaka dealer on friday 11th janurary and they said bike might not be here for another few weeks and was a bit wishy washy with giving me a strait answer.
contacted kwaka australia via their web site and told them same story.5 minutes later had the head salesman from kwaka australia ring me and appologise for the delay of the bike and told me my bike would be arriving in australia in the 19th of this month and i would see it the week after befoe the 25th of janurary

today i had a phone call at 1pm from loacal kwaka dealer telling me my motorcycle was getting unloaded from the truck and the salesman was watching it happen. they unfortunately dont have my ventura rack or power commander 5 just yet but they have everything else i ordered including the +1 front sprocket, swingarm spools, and double bubble screen etc.

so i told them i dont really need it for another week and will drop down and collect it on friday 25th janurary as im working half a day.im happy to wait for the ventura rack as on the 26th i will be heading north to carins, a 400 kilometer ride in one direction.
leave townsville and go towards cairns and peel of highway at the palmerston highway, go across the top of the tablelands, down mt malloy, back to cairns and turn right at smithfield, up the kuranda range, across the tablelands, down the gilles highway and back to cairns.stay over night and do the reverse in the morning and come back home.take bike back to dealer asap as it will have just over 1000 kilometres on the clock.this will be the same ride i did to break in brand new vfr800 13 years ago.worked a treat on the interceptor.i will drop down to the dealer on this saturday and get some photos. if the rack and pc5 turn up in the mean time i will collect the bike if not, it can stay there till next week.i really need the rack to carry my backpack on cos it just kills my back otherwise.so as soon as i get some photos i will put them up.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You got big things going on bro! haha

Grats on the purchase! and going all out!!! props!

I bought my bike, then started modding it, i didnt lump it all right in the beginning like you.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks mate, im looking forward to getting the 300. misses_cruizin said i cant add anything to it after it comes home for a year.

thats cool. i will get the dealer to add the lot before it leaves their shop instead, lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks mate, im looking forward to getting the 300. misses_cruizin said i cant add anything to it after it comes home for a year.

thats cool. i will get the dealer to add the lot before it leaves their shop instead, lol
My bike comes in next week and I would have thought that it would be shipped to queensland then to Sydney? Goodluck with it as well, it sounds like a massive order. I'm getting the the black ninja. Heres my dream mods, there expensive but its better then spending it on my gf.

Big monster stickers - Ebay.com

Gunner exhaust - tailgunner-exhaust.com :D

Airbrush smokey skulls - http://www.bikeskinz.com/products/prod-VaporLock.html

Hardest thing to find is a monster green windshield :mad:

Halo lights - bkmoto.com

Things like powercommander and eletrical mods I'm not sure how to install or exactly how they work so I think am not adding any mods until I get my full licence so I don't look like a douche.

And again goodluck with it all man !

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Things like powercommander and eletrical mods I'm not sure how to install or exactly how they work so I think am not adding any mods until I get my full licence so I don't look like a douche.
instructions come with the pc
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=17-046&make=27&model=445&make-n=Kawasaki&model-n=EX300&year=2013&mk=27&mdl=445&yr=2013

13 years ago i bought a pc 2 for my vfr800 and even it came with destruction’s as well.so long as your capable of removing faring and reading the destruction’s , then your ok.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i called dealer today had a few details about bike to sort out and they have my air horn fitted to the bike as well as everything except the rack and pc5. i hope they managed to get the air horn to fit behind the radiator between the fairing and motor with the custom bracket i made.
im going to the bike shop saturday to get some pictures of the bike & put some up here. i hope my idea of mounting the air horn worked. my idea was to remove the upper left bolt that holds the stock horn bracket and radiator mount to bike and put in a longer 6mm bolt and attach the bracket that attaches to the airhorn to the bolt.there will be a bit left hanging out the back of the radiator to attach the bracket to and put 2 lock nuts on to it to hold it in place.

im looking forward to this Saturday to sit on it, start it and get paper work sorted.
im working half a day on Friday 25th, finish work at lunch, goto bank and collect cheque to pay dealership with and go straight to dealer and collect bike. yippie.
have also got bike booked in for Tuesday 29th for its 1000 kilometre service as i will have between 1000-and 1200 kilometres on it after the long weekend as Monday 28th is a public holiday for Australia Day

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to dealer today and grabbed some photos of my new ride, its not qiute ready yet, still missing ventura rack and the power commander 5, photos from my mobile phone, not the best, but better then nothing

the final photo is my nautilus air horn looking thru the right side fairing, you caan see the metal tab for it off the engine mount and the top of the motor for the horn and the black plastic curve of the horn and the red/green power wires. works a treat and it *JUST* fits between the motor and fairing

more info here

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/1119-distance-battery-terminals-horn.html

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Gorgeous! I have a Ventura rack on my 250 ninja and it has worked brilliantly for 5 years with my kappa case.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts