Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am owner of Kawasaki Ninja 300 and my question is, if my motorcycle have battery "FTX9-BS" FB SUPER MF // 12V
Do I need only to charge the battery with battery charger (I do have "H-Tronic AL 800 Compact ") - I have read so many things in google that my head is already destroyed, so I want to ask for myself. Thanks alot for answers!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yes, a regular battery charger works fine. If it has an adjustable voltage setting, just set it to 12V.

If it's a battery tender then you can leave it on there indefinitely. If it only charges then you'd probably want to remove it after several hours because cycling the charging supposedly helps a battery last longer.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I have mine on a tender (12v) during winter months. It cycles on and off automatically. Extremely low amperage even while charging at full speed (something like 0.8amp). When the battery is full, the charger will enter a "float" mode where it just maintains the battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have mine on a tender (12v) during winter months. It cycles on and off automatically. Extremely low amperage even while charging at full speed (something like 0.8amp). When the battery is full, the charger will enter a "float" mode where it just maintains the battery.
youre better off removing or disconnecting the battery. You can recharge it when you are ready to use it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts