Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about it when gammagirl posted pick of her "thing" on back of her bike. what is the youngest kid that anybody has ridden on the back. I got a 7 and 8 year old driving me crazy to ride them just down the road a bit but I am just scared to do it.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I took my son from Niagara Falls, ON to Bar Harbor, Maine when he was 8 on my FZ6. It was a fabulous 5 day trip there and back and he loved it. I took mostly secondary roads.

I had a "thingy" on the back of that bike too. I also had been riding for 25 years and had lots of riding experience.

If you are new to riding, I would get a few years under your belt before taking passengers.

Reactions: gidroe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Having passengers is about your comfort level. If you don't feel safe then don't do it. There is no law prohibiting from having child passengers so just go with the flow and eventually everyone will be happy.

"only a motorcycle rider understands why a dog hangs its head out the window"

·
Registered
45 Posts
As long as you invest in the best gear you can afford for them I wouldn't have a problem with it. I personally prefer to ride solo, but that's just me. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt my girlfriend in an accident.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was MAYBE 10 when my dad took my to school on his bike for the first time. It's about your comfort level, as mentioned, but also about the maturity of the kids. If you don't think you can trust the kids implicitly to do their part while riding, don't try it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lol my kids ride since 3 yo and my oldest is 8 yo and already tired of going with me!
....the pegs are too shaky.!!!!!!!!.. Yeah! its a 300 get used to it...lol..
My last one dosen't mind,only ride to drop him off to kindergarden ..he's 3 and i am using an harness.
I miss my gsxr 750 k6 ,those things are not great with passengers,miss the power,especially with my oldest.

·
Registered
655 Posts
In australia you have to be 8 and over and be able to reach the pegs.

I personally will never put my kids on the back if something ever happened and they got injured or worse id never forgive myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
In australia you have to be 8 and over and be able to reach the pegs.

I personally will never put my kids on the back if something ever happened and they got injured or worse id never forgive myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yep same. They may be confident on the back and you may feel confident having them on the back but one little thing happens and it all comes undone. Worse thing is if they come off, its not a case of if they are gonna hurt themselves, more how bad are they gonna be hurt. Unless of course you happen to have full leathers for your kids.............

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
some years ago before the new rules came for age restriction,in i took my eldest son for a ride round the block, he was 5 and i didnt go much faster then walking pace. he loved it, i was on my vfr800 at that time

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Lol and you dudes? If you die,you die!
And you gf backseat?
Just be carefull,ride safe and get gear for your kids
absolutely. when i took my eldest for a ride i geared him up :D

he's 15 now & i take him on my 300 all geared up, he still loves it

·
Registered
655 Posts
I ride alone that way I'm only responsible for myself and my wife rides her own 300.

300 = Kid free zone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts