Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost three kick stand springs since feb. is anyone else having this problem? I have a roaring tozs kickstand and hubby has put the spring on as picture insturcted. but i still keep losing them. Hubby says, it's not me. but i'm wondering if it isn't me. and how can that be?
txs all y'll

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
thats a bit odd. do you have some decent photos of the kick stand and where the springs attach.

also if i were you i would be taking it up with the manufacturer

in all the 31 years of riding i have ever done the only time i have ever lost any springs off a side stand is when the spring broke from old age

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have no pics but if you going to roaring tozs web site for the 300 kick stand for lowering you can inlarge the spring area and that is how its on..... my husband never had any problem with his kick stand springs in over 50 yrs of riding.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just installed the lowering package the other day put prob 300 miles on it so far. havent lost the spring yet..

I wish the kickstand was a tad shorter though, the bikes pretty streight up.. I lowered it 1 inch.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Sounds like the spring isn't tight enough, or they gave you one a little too long, so when its up (the kickstand), it is maybe vibrating itself loose.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Sounds like the spring isn't tight enough, or they gave you one a little too long, so when its up (the kickstand), it is maybe vibrating itself loose.

i was thinking the same thing, that why i asked for photos.the other thing i want to know is how the spring is attached to the stand does the spring go thru a loop/ring or what?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just installed the lowering package the other day put prob 300 miles on it so far. havent lost the spring yet..

I wish the kickstand was a tad shorter though, the bikes pretty streight up.. I lowered it 1 inch.
Really? The middle hole is 1in. My bike leans over a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My hubby says the same thing, the spring is not tight enough, However, LOL i lost 3 springs on my sportsters also and they were done at Harley shop by there tecks.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
There's your issue with the Harley. Their "techs" have been known to generally half-ass everything since most harley owners I've known do their own work unless it's warranty work. From the one picture we have it looks like the lower half of the spring just hooks over a tab on the kickstand itself. If that's the case, if that part falls off, it'll reduce all tension off the spring and cause it to fall off the mount near the frame. Doesn't seem like a good design at all if that's how it attaches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts