Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dirt bikes. Never needed to with a street bike. But it's doable for sure.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've seen a bike mech doing this when putting bikes away at the end of the day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just don't try it with an R1...To save weight they used the skinniest little side stand and it bends (or snaps) when you try it...I think they saved 400 grams by making it so thin...Seems worth it, no???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just don't try it with an R1...To save weight they used the skinniest little side stand and it bends (or snaps) when you try it...I think they saved 400 grams by making it so thin...Seems worth it, no???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
That was my exact thought when I watched this video, what keeps the stand from snapping?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Just did it today in my garage for the first time. A lot easier than taking it out, turning it around and then pushing it back in backwards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
594 Posts
Works well on bikes with a center stand. I've done it on my FZ1, and a V-Max that I had.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Never even thought of this. always thought the kick stand would fold back in. so I avoided it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'll stay away from doing this...
MY LUCK I would have the ONE weak kickstand that bent or broke and would send my bike to the ground :p

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do it all the time... Kickstand holds the bike fine. Much faster than doing a 3 or 4 point turn. Just balance it and spin it taking your time and you should be good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts