Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12am riding down the rd doing 90kmh these stupid teenagers about 18-19 pulled that invisible string prank across the road I was heading down with no other vehicles on the rd I slammed on the breaks and pulled over towards one of them wanting blood they of course pissed off after they saw the size of me. I was so reved up I went back to thump them but thanks to my yoshi pipe they ran down a side street.

Sometimes its impossible to keep your shit when riding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would have tie them all up against a pole with their underwear/boxers on. You don't kid around with this stuff especially when you see motorcycles. Let say if I was doing 30-50mph and saw these kids doing this and didn't think I have enough time to brake, I wouldve swerve to something and end up bad just o avoid the "invisible string"

·
Registered
90 Posts
That may be kinda funny doing it to a car, but doing it to a motorcycle or a bike is messed up and very dangerous. I would've called the cops. I don't know about laws in Aus, but here in the US that can charged as Criminal Mischief or Reckless Endangerment.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The string isn't always make believe either. Have seen stupid kids do this with mono-filament wire used for deep sea fishing when they see cyclists or joggers and don't think it'd be beyond them to do it to a motorcyclist. Except these douche bag kids use two trees to wrap the wire around and you may not see them. It's impossible to see the wire in the day time till you hit it. Night is a little easier if you have your high beams on.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
or just fit a airhorn like me & blast them as you go past, it is extremely loud , im seriously thinking about mounting a second one to my bike i have one on the right side, id like another on the left as well

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The string isn't always make believe either. Have seen stupid kids do this with mono-filament wire used for deep sea fishing when they see cyclists or joggers and don't think it'd be beyond them to do it to a motorcyclist. Except these douche bag kids use two trees to wrap the wire around and you may not see them. It's impossible to see the wire in the day time till you hit it. Night is a little easier if you have your high beams on.
Kids used fishing line around two poles 6 months back while I was in my car during the day so when they did it last night while I was no more then 10 meters away once they did the action I panicked and jumped on the anchors, could of easily come off.

Probably a good thing I didnt catch them as I was extremely pissed. Cant believe the stupidity some people have.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Kids used fishing line around two poles 6 months back while I was in my car during the day so when they did it last night while I was no more then 10 meters away once they did the action I panicked and jumped on the anchors, could of easily come off.http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
this is another great example why i love ABS on motorcycles & im glad i waited the time i did to get my SE ABS as in panic situations it is worth its weight in gold

·
Registered
38 Posts
On a motorcycle, this would scare me. If i was driving my car, i would accelerate...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I highly recommend it. Due to the surprised reaction with little notice it pulled up pretty damn quick with control as I pulled it off to the side while braking to give it to one of the guys.

Without abs it might of ended badly for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I highly recommend it. Due to the surprised reaction with little notice it pulled up pretty damn quick with control as I pulled it off to the side while braking to give it to one of the guys.

Without abs it might of ended badly for me.

Makes me feel better that i got ABS too. I've seen this

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Makes me feel better that i got ABS too. I've seen this
that video is fantastic, it really highlights the control you have with ABS in an emergency if you panic. it is in my tips 4 new riders thread as well

1 - 20 of 28 Posts