Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys you gotta love the Kawi300 clutch. I've never had a bike before in which clutchless upshifting was so easy. Its like you have a quick shifter. I find the best range to shift up is in the 7k-8k range and to back off the throttle just a bit. Also I guess a lot of people aren't used to the shallow friction point on the clutch lever. The best thing about it is when you get used to it you only have to pull half an inch for some quick shifting if you don't like clutchless shifting :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
one of the few clutches I have that you can use just two fingers to shift and don't have to worry about lever travel crushing your fingers in order to disengage the clutch. My V-Star is the same way, but the lever is has a very hard pull on it so you can't use it prolonged with just two fingers.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I have become a fan of clutchless up shifting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I have refrained from doing it since I do want to keep this bike as long as possible and don't want to put extra stress on the gear box.

·
Registered
993 Posts
^+1 And I paid for an extended warrenty (I don't want to loose it), i'm sure when they take apart the clutch they should be able to tell you weren't using it.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Anytime you operate any machinery prone to wear incorrectly, there will be unusual wear patterns to show it. Now it's not impossible to do clutchless shifting without damage, but the margin for error is very small. Even if you aren't feeling anything off and it seems smooth, you could be adding extra wear over time than you would have by using the clutch. I would think the springs for example would be taking an extra beating than usual from doing this.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
With the feather light clutch the way it is set up on the 300, I would have to question the need behind clutchless upshifting, especially on the street. Where is everyone going in such a hurry that those milliseconds used to activate the clutch are priority over longevity of your bike? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys, i can´t engage 2nd gear smoothly without the clutch, it just slips out back to N and it's so hard and rough, the rest of the gears are ok, just like quick shifter. I know you have to rev up to red line for the gears to engage correctly but the second is so powerful, too much torque to kick it up correctly. Any advice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts