Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We managed to get our hands on the very first Z125 in the state of Florida and absolutely love this bike. Suspension feels great, very light and nimble, gear indicator is a huge plus, and shifting feels solid.

Already managed to put an integrated tail light, front flushmounts, and adjustable/standard fender eliminators on this mini machine.

What are everyone's thoughts on this new addition Kawasaki has released?!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really like the bike, but I'm not a fan of the power. I honestly think my old '06 250 is the bare minimum amount of get-up-and-go I require for riding the hills and in the traffic around here. That's just my personal opinion. Plenty of people have mopeds around here with a lot less power and they seem OK so I'm probably just being picky. The top speed is a deal breaker for me though. I really like the weight, the looks, the simplicity of the engine, and the size!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'd tear up a kart track with one for sure. I like this better than the Grom. Was thinking of getting one and using it for a pit bike and fun bike.

Anyone concerned about the power is missing the point. It's not a touring rig or a highway hauler.

·
Registered
161 Posts
what is the size of this? I kind of like it ... but could you show a photo with you, or better yet, a bikini clad babe, sitting on it, so I can get an idea of the size? :)

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it'ld be a blast to ride
Blast is an under statement. Very fun bike, nice strong suspension, shifting feels solid. Overall very fun and inviting bike.

I really like the bike, but I'm not a fan of the power. I honestly think my old '06 250 is the bare minimum amount of get-up-and-go I require for riding the hills and in the traffic around here. That's just my personal opinion. Plenty of people have mopeds around here with a lot less power and they seem OK so I'm probably just being picky. The top speed is a deal breaker for me though. I really like the weight, the looks, the simplicity of the engine, and the size!
We've managed to hit 68mph with a 150lb rider in a semi-tuck. Enough to zip around the city and have some fun.

I'd tear up a kart track with one for sure. I like this better than the Grom. Was thinking of getting one and using it for a pit bike and fun bike.

Anyone concerned about the power is missing the point. It's not a touring rig or a highway hauler.
Taking it to a track this weekend, stay tuned! ;)

what is the size of this? I kind of like it ... but could you show a photo with you, or better yet, a bikini clad babe, sitting on it, so I can get an idea of the size? :)
I'll see if we can get a nice bikini babe for ya. ;)

Not sure if the bearded man in the picture would look good in a two-piece.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks Horrible! That front light, and the seat look all wrong (one man's opinion, I'm sure some will love it).

I wouldn't write it off straight away for having an 125, I used to ride an GN125 and it was great around town, and even did some longish trips on it. I'm sure a nice modern 125 like this probably blows the GN125's 30 years+ old design out of the water.

I'm sure this would be a great ride for a young new rider, or as a fun track toy, but I think it would really need to be fair bit cheaper then the Ninja 300, or everyone will just go straight for the 300cc bike.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

I'm tempted to get a 125 as well just for kicks and giggles. Have to admit, this looks like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm tempted to get a 125 as well just for kicks and giggles. Have to admit, this looks like a ton of fun.
How about some Grom racing. Needs more Kawasakis.

Lol at these guys as they honk their horns while drafting each other for the entire race. meep meep.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
How about some Grom racing. Needs more Kawasakis.

Lol at these guys as they honk their horns while drafting each other for the entire race. meep meep.
LOL. That looks like a blast!!! I nearly spit my drink up when I heard the first meep meep meep as they were passing!

And the guy moves his left arm so it's inline with his leg to get more aero. Genius!

·
Registered
161 Posts
are those six inch wheels? at 2,900 bucks ... this IS vastly more affordable than the Ninja. In about two years buying a used one could be a great fun bike, and especially for the track for an old guy like me who'd love to race for the fun of it, rather than for the podium glory, and still be able to afford lunch once a week. Yeah, I like this better and better.

If they can race these suckers ... I want to be the first to circumnavigate the globe on one! Anyone else with me? :D

Does Givi make any 55 liter rear hard cases for these yet - that don't cause an automatic wheelie? Got to bring my iPad, my hammock gear and ten days of food and water somehow, right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Neat looking bike for sure but I'll keep my Grom for the sole fact I have way to much money invested in it. Very easy to do. These little 125's coming out are no replacement for a full size bike but in some ways are more fun.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I hope that the aftermarket folks get behind the bike like they did with the Grom. You can mod a Grom out where it looks like a completely different bike. Carbon fiber wheels from BST. How cool is that. I wish that BST made some Carbon fiber wheels for my 300.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I swear I'm gonna get a Grom or a Kawi. I feel like I'm missing out on the mini-bike madness.

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope that the aftermarket folks get behind the bike like they did with the Grom. You can mod a Grom out where it looks like a completely different bike. Carbon fiber wheels from BST. How cool is that. I wish that BST made some Carbon fiber wheels for my 300.
Aftermarket companies are already getting in on the mini-machine market. We have CoreMoto Brake Lines in stock and available on our website. Tech-Spec USA has given us the first and exclusive rights to selling tank pads that we designed for them. Other companies we carry such as BMC Air Filters, Arrow Exhausts, and our partner company Womet-Tech will be getting in on the fun as soon as possible I'm sure.

I swear I'm gonna get a Grom or a Kawi. I feel like I'm missing out on the mini-bike madness.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd like a 5 gallon tank, a center stand and a set of lockable hard bags. Not too unrealistic, right? Those aftermarket companies better get to it! :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
There must come anything special and also more worth from Kwaki, since the new Honda CBR 250RR is being tested already.
Some data show: bore 62 mm x stroke 41.36 mm, USD-Fork, 2 cylinders, banana swing arm, Ride-by-wire throttle and estimated 37 hp!!! - what means that not the Ninja 250 or R25 are the competitors for this bike anymore, but the Ninja 300 will be, unless Kwaki is doing a lot of homework.
The price is estimated at 5300 USD and my word (even when I'm no friend of this company): Very well done Honda do keep the engine with 250 cc and not falling to the craziness of going bigger...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts