Kawasaki Ninja 300 Specifications

ENGINE

• Type 4-stroke Parallel Twin
  • Displacement 296cc
  • Bore and Stroke 62.0 x 49.0 mm
  • Cooling Liquid-cooled
  • Compression Ratio 10.6:1
  • Valve System DOHC, 8 valves
  • Fuel System Fuel Injection: 32mm x 2 (Keihin)
  • Ignition Digital
  • Lubrication Forced Lubrication, wet sump
DRIVETRAIN

• Transmission 6-speed, return
  • Final Drive Seeled chain
  • Primary Reduction Ratio 3.087 (71/23)
  • Gear Ratio: 1st 2.714 (38/14)
  • Gear Ratio: 2nd 1.789 (34/19)
  • Gear Ratio: 3rd 1.409 (31/22)
  • Gear Ratio: 4th 1.160 (29/25)
  • Gear Ratio: 5th 1.000 (27/27)
  • Gear Ratio: 6th .857 (24/28)
  • Final Reduction Ratio 3.000 (42/14)
  • Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual​

FRAME

• Type Tube diamond,steel
  • Wheel Travel: Front 120mm
  • Tire: Front 110/70-17 M/C 54S
  • Wheel Travel: Rear 132mm
  • Tire: Rear 140/70-17 M/C 66S
  • Caster (Rake) 27°
  • Trail 93mm
  • Steering Angle (Left/Right) 35° / 35°

SUSPENSION

Suspension, Front 37mm telescopic fork
Suspension, Rear Bottom-Link Uni-Trak with gas charged shock and 5-way adjustable preload

BRAKES

• Front: Type Single 290 mm petal disc
  • Front: Calipers Single balanced actuation dual-piston
  • Rear: Type Single 220mm petal disc
  • Rear: Calipers Dual-piston

DIMENSIONS

• Overall Length 2,015mm
  • Overall Width 715mm
  • Overall Height 1,110mm
  • Wheelbase 1,405mm
  • Ground Clearance 140mm
  • Seat Height 785mm
  • Curb Mass** 172kg
  • Fuel Capacity 17 litres ** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)

PERFORMANCE

• Maximum Power‡ 29.0 kW {39PS} / 11,000
  • Maximum Torque‡ 27.0 N·m {2.8 kgf·m} / 10,000 rpm ‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.

DETAILS

• Warranty 12 months warranty

·
Registered
554 Posts
great rundown of the known specs. Once its available someone should throw up the user manual. Things like bulb sizes, fluid capacity, torque settings, maintenance schedule would be a great addition in the future.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but I do not have internet at home, so I am only able to post via mobile device unless I am at work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
great rundown of the known specs. Once its available someone should throw up the user manual. Things like bulb sizes, fluid capacity, torque settings, maintenance schedule would be a great addition in the future.
Oh, those would REALLY come in handy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
ABS brake (linked?)

Is ABS brakes available as an option in North America? I am a newbie to the sport and ABS brakes preferably linked is a must for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spark Plug: NGK CR8E (stock) GAP: 0.7-0.8mm (0.028-0.031in)
Oil Capacity:2.5 Quarts (2.4L) 10W-40
Oil Filter Torque: 12.9 ft lb (1.78 kgf/17.5N)
Oil Drain Bolt Torque: 14.5 ft lb (2 kgf/19.6N)

Coolant Capacity: 1.6 Quarts (1.5L)
Fuel Tank Capacity:4.5 Gal (17L)

Fuel Requirement: Minimum 87 Octane (Including Cali Models)
(Note the manual states if you notice knocking or pinging, switch brands of gas AND use a higher octane gasoline)
Alternate Fuels: Gasoline containing UP TO 10% Ethanol - Gasoline containing UP TO 15% MTBE - Gasoline containing UP TO 16.7% TAME and 17.2% ETBE

Tail/Brake Light: 12 V 5/21 W
Headlight: 12V 55W
Battery: <12.6 volts - needs to be charged or replaced

Recommended Idle Speed: 1250-1350 rpm
Clutch Lever Play Recommendation: 0.08-0.12in (2-3mm)
Drive Train Slack: 0.8-1.2 in (20-30mm)
Axle Nut Torque: 72 ft lb (10kgf/98Nm)

Tire Tread Depth (Minimum): Front/Rear (Under 80mph)
0.04in(1mm)/0.08in(2mm)
Front/Rear (Over 80mph)
0.04in(1mm)/ 0.12in(3mm)
(It should be noted 90% of tire failures occur in the last 10% of tire tread life)

Brade Pad Wear (Lining limit): Front/Rear - EX300A
0.06in(1.5mm)/0.06in(1.5mm)
Front/Rear - EX300B
0.04in(1mm)/0.06in(1.5mm)
Recommended Brake Pedal Travel: 0.4in(10mm)

Tire Pressure (When Cold): Front/Rear
28psi(200kpa, 2.0 kgf)/32psi(225kpa,2.25kgf)

Will add other pertinent information when I can compile it. Trying to find a standard part number (aside from what kawa assigns them) for all the bulbs on the 300.

Ride Safe!!

**Side note, if you notice on your ABS bike, if the light comes on and STAYS on after starting, this means there is a fault in your ABS and IS NOT FUNCTIONING** Per the owners manual.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
**Side note, if you notice on your ABS bike, if the light comes on and STAYS on after starting, this means there is a fault in your ABS and IS NOT FUNCTIONING** Per the owners manual.
It is normal for your ABS light to stay illuminated after you have started the bike.

Only when you have begun moving and the ABS unit is receiving pulses, will the ABS light go off.

If you have begun riding, and your ABS light is still illuminated, you have an issue with your ABS as mentioned above.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is normal for your ABS light to stay illuminated after you have started the bike.

Only when you have begun moving and the ABS unit is receiving pulses, will the ABS light go off.

If you have begun riding, and your ABS light is still illuminated, you have an issue with your ABS as mentioned above.
That is what I meant, thanks for clarifying for anyone who misunderstood.

·
Registered
208 Posts
(Note the manual states if you notice knocking or pinging, switch brands of gas AND use a higher octane gasoline)
Alternate Fuels: Gasoline containing UP TO 10% Ethanol - Gasoline containing UP TO 15% MTBE - Gasoline containing UP TO 16.7% TAME and 17.2% ETBE

People should stop saying E10 is bad for these biles, it will fine as the user manual states, it will lean out by 3% but the default map is rich enough. and beside the higher octane in E10 will help if you have detonation issues and the ethanol will run your engine slightly cooler

·
Registered
25 Posts

This was super helpful when I was getting acquainted with my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
208 Posts

People should stop saying E10 is bad for these biles, it will fine as the user manual states, it will lean out by 3% but the default map is rich enough. and beside the higher octane in E10 will help if you have detonation issues and the ethanol will run your engine slightly cooler
My 2014 manual calls for 86 Octane. I have been using midgrade - 87 Octane.
Looking at the compression ratio, I almost want to put in 89 or higher. Besides engine knock, which the computer should be able to adjust for, does a higher octane give me anything better? Has anyone used it and seen better mileage or anything else?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts