Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki Ninja 300 Detailing -> Snow Foam & Time Lapse Hand Washing Two Bucket Method

Motorcycle Detailing Kawasaki Ninja 300 Pearl White 2013 Snow Foam -> Hand Wash -> Microfiber Drying -> Oil Change

MTM Hydro Foam Cannon coupled with Electric GreenWorks 1.3 gpm 1600 psi
Foam Cannon soap Chemical Guys Wash and Wax (yellow)
Two Bucket Soap Chemical Guys Mr Pink
Meguiars wash mitt
various brushes
plush microfiber detailing towel
1z colourtec wheel cleaner

Editing the Oil Change video currently will have it up over the next couple hours for those who are interested.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
mmm love me some washing vids.
tip: don't pressure wash the controls and dash. you don't want water in there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol me too, while this isn't a true time lapse I could watch time lapse videos all day

These should be closed units though, so with some common sense it is fine? I use a lower pressure unit at 1.6k (+a good 1 footish of space between controls) and the amount of water flowing is significantly less than a garden hose ---- otherwise what would you recommend to rinse the soap?

Here's a video on my old 250 -- I never had an issue with pressure washing this and the 300 should be much "tighter" skip to 3 min for pressure washing

Not discrediting you, would love to discuss this as it's an important point

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Just keep it a good foot or so away so it's more of a mist. Water can still sneak in if it's forced in. Same with the chain unless you're planning to lube the shit out of it after.

It's more for other to know how far it needs to be. I don't want to read a thread about how someone blew all the fuses out lol XD

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just keep it a good foot or so away so it's more of a mist. Water can still sneak in if it's forced in. Same with the chain unless you're planning to lube the shit out of it after.

It's more for other to know how far it needs to be. I don't want to read a thread about how someone blew all the fuses out lol XD
I completely agree and "misting" puts it perfect. Yeah that's another good note always good to lube the chain after a wash like this as its similar to driving through a rain storm

:emot-bang: haha exactly, hopefully no one goes through that!

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
good tip there for rookies, also keep the high pressure water away from chain also and be very careful if your paint is chipped by rocks etc, i have seen high pressure cleaners hit small chips and rip giant chunks of paint off as they go also

·
Super Moderator
2,622 Posts
Motorcycle Detailing Kawasaki Ninja 300 Pearl White 2013 Snow Foam -> Hand Wash -> Microfiber Drying -> Oil Change

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLbx97mWfB0

MTM Hydro Foam Cannon coupled with Electric GreenWorks 1.3 gpm 1600 psi
Foam Cannon soap Chemical Guys Wash and Wax (yellow)
Two Bucket Soap Chemical Guys Mr Pink
Meguiars wash mitt
various brushes
plush microfiber detailing towel
1z colourtec wheel cleaner

Editing the Oil Change video currently will have it up over the next couple hours for those who are interested.
I have 3 filthy bikes; feel free to come by and make another video while you wash them!

Isn't this just common sense...err, wait... that's why the shampoo bottle says "for external use only"... never mind! :roll2smilie:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good tip there for rookies, also keep the high pressure water away from chain also and be very careful if your paint is chipped by rocks etc, i have seen high pressure cleaners hit small chips and rip giant chunks of paint off as they go also
While that is a very common fear of chipping chipped paint, unless the paint underneath is severely compromised --- usually due to factory defect or a poor repaint then expanding it is relatively uncommon especially with a lower psi electric pressure washer --- if you're a genius slamming your paint with a 4k gas pressure washer especially within 1 foot (really within a couple feet) then it was nice knowing you paint lol
good note on the chain as well -- should always be lubed after
I have 3 filthy bikes; feel free to come by and make another video while you wash them!

Isn't this just common sense...err, wait... that's why the shampoo bottle says "for external use only"... never mind! :roll2smilie:
lol if you were closer! anyone local to me Northern VA / DMV (Fairfax County) is more than welcome to come down and I'd be glad to go over proper detailing as well as going out for a nice ride !
What's common sense? :question:

UPDATE
Ninja 300 Oil Change how to video live

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I remember cleaning my moms car in the spring one time. A little rust formed over winter, old car to be expected. Turned the hose on the quarter panel and blew a hole right through it O_O ummm...ahhhh. Oh shit.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
While that is a very common fear of chipping chipped paint, unless the paint underneath is severely compromised --- usually due to factory defect or a poor repaint then expanding it is relatively uncommon especially with a lower psi electric pressure washer --- if you're a genius slamming your paint with a 4k gas pressure washer especially within 1 foot (really within a couple feet) then it was nice knowing you paint lol
good note on the chain as well -- should always be lubed after

lol if you were closer! anyone local to me Northern VA / DMV (Fairfax County) is more than welcome to come down and I'd be glad to go over proper detailing as well as going out for a nice ride !
What's common sense? :question:

UPDATE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqxhnxOi77c Ninja 300 Oil Change how to video live
When we meet up to ride, I need to bum your washing equipment!

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
I remember cleaning my moms car in the spring one time. A little rust formed over winter, old car to be expected. Turned the hose on the quarter panel and blew a hole right through it O_O ummm...ahhhh. Oh shit.

LMAO!!!

i would have loved to have been there to see that :roll2smilie::roll2smilie:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol did it go something like this?

When we meet up to ride, I need to bum your washing equipment!
I'd be offended if you didn't! Can shoot a video if you want to show the fellow members why they need to move to DMV area!
LMAO!!!

i would have loved to have been there to see that :roll2smilie::roll2smilie:
lol agreed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts