Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Firts of all excuse me for my bad english sometimes (not my first language)
Last week I bought my new bike, a 2016 kawasaki ninja with some minor falling damage.
It had some broken fairings and the dashboard wasn't working. I noticed a broken cable in the wiring harness and fixed it.

After that de dashboard still didnt work so i figured to check te connection pins and disconnected the dashboard from the harness. After checking the pins and plugin the dash back in it suddenly worked. So i thought nice, problem solved. But when i turned the key off and back on the dashboard did not turn on. So i disconnected it and reconnected it and the dash did go on again..

I tried this a couple times and every time i have the same problem. I also tried it with removing the fuse to the dashboard and the same problem keeps appearing...

Does anyone have an idea?? I asked some dutch forums (where i live) but no one seems to know a solution.

I hope you guys can help me.

Ruben

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly a broken wire or a poor connection at the wiring connector/plug.
I have checked al the wires at the connector and they look good, also there is no corrosion or anything on the plug.

and the strange thing is that the dashboard also works when i remove and replace the fuse of the dash. so i dont think its te plug.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have checked al the wires at the connector and they look good, also there is no corrosion or anything on the plug.

and the strange thing is that the dashboard also works when i remove and replace the fuse of the dash. so i dont think its te plug.
Is the fuse blowing?

If not, it would suggest the contacts for the fuse may be damaged.

When working, does the dash lose power if you turn the bars left or right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the fuse blowing?

If not, it would suggest the contacts for the fuse may be damaged.

When working, does the dash lose power if you turn the bars left or right?

Hi thanks for your reply,

No the fuse is not blowing, i swapped with another one to be sure it wasnt broken but the both work.

No the dashboard is not losing any power once its on and i turn the steering bar left and right

·
Registered
442 Posts
When the power is out to the dash, does pulling the fuse and replacing it make it work again?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts