Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hmmm reading up on some stuff on the net and old news articles..........seems Kawasaki have a history of recalls in regards to motors stalling. Apparently problems with the ECU. Some I was reading as far back as 2007. So in the last 5 years what have they rectified I would ask? Why after all the recalls that they have had to issue are they still releasing motorcycles that stall?

Loved the response from Kawasaki that I read in one article about why the Ninja 300's may be stalling............its the change from carburetted to FI that is causing some issues.

Really.

Like you have not done FI models of bikes ever before 2013. :rolleyes:

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
If everyone reported the issues things would get done a lot faster imagine. Everyone just drop them an e mail with all the issues.

it would be awesome if everyone also sat down & write a letter to kwaka about it as well, i have provided a letter guide line in another thread on the stall issue

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Interesting. The engine stall has happened to me 12 times now. As much as I'd like it fixed, it would be terribly annoying for them to track down the problem with my bike given the frequency of it occurring. But certainly it could be a safety concern if it were to happen then you needed the power.

I have downshifted aggressively for a left turn in front of oncoming traffic. Engine cut and I was forced to abort the turn and stop in the intersection before I let the cars pass, started it up again and went.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've noted a direct correlation between parking my bike in direct sunlight and this issue occurring. If I park in a garage or covered car park, I don't have this issue.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've had my bike stall twice on me at a stop, I thought it was something I did but apparently not.

Have no issues with bearings yet, but I'm pretty upset kawasaki isn't addressing the issue- makes me want to go with a brand that cares with my next purchase tbh

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had my bike stall twice on me at a stop, I thought it was something I did but apparently not.

Have no issues with bearings yet, but I'm pretty upset kawasaki isn't addressing the issue- makes me want to go with a brand that cares with my next purchase tbh
It may have been something you did - this isn't the sort of stall where you let the clutch out without giving it enough throttle, etc... it's more about the engine quietly dying at speed when you slightly reduce throttle input, requiring you to have to restart the engine while coasting.

·
Registered
497 Posts
So far I have to agree with you, but I don't have enough data points yet. Although, this makes no sense either. :D
Actually it does. I have heard most have had tanks low on fuel as well which would indicate some sort of issue with fuel vapors. The hot sun would exaggerate this issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually it does. I have heard most have had tanks low on fuel as well which would indicate some sort of issue with fuel vapors. The hot sun would exaggerate this issue.
So far I have seen no connection, it happened to me with a full tank, and half full.

I submitted a complaint to the NHTSA a couple minutes ago. So now they have at least 19 complaints :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Was looking through the NHTSA complaints and so far they have 21, I have submitted my own because I have experience this in the past (January) as I might have a temporary fix for now. It is not a comfortable feeling knowing that at anytime it could happen again, although it takes up to 72 hours to see more complaint I have read 1 person have an accident because of this issue. Everyone who has experience this issue should express their concern and submit a complaint. It's only a matter of time before something more serious happens.

Here is a copy of the complaint with an accident.
SUMMARY:
I WAS GOING THROUGH A SLIGHT CURVE, NOT A BIG ONE JUST A NORMAL CURVE GOING ABOUT 20 MILES PER HOUR WHEN I TRIED TO SLOW DOWN THE BIKE SORT OF STALLED SO I WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE CURB INTO WHERE I HIT A TREE. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT SAW E INCIDENT AND FOUND IT VERY STRANGE AS WELL AS I DID. I HAVE ENOUGH EXPERIENCE INTO WHICH I KNOW IT WASN'T MY FAULT I LOST CONTROL OF THE BIKE. GOING 20 MILES PER HOUR WITH NOTHING THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED OTIS PRETTY STRANGE.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Was looking through the NHTSA complaints and so far they have 21, I have submitted my own because I have experience this in the past (January) as I might have a temporary fix for now. It is not a comfortable feeling knowing that at anytime it could happen again, although it takes up to 72 hours to see more complaint I have read 1 person have an accident because of this issue. Everyone who has experience this issue should express their concern and submit a complaint. It's only a matter of time before something more serious happens.

Here is a copy of the complaint with an accident.
SUMMARY:
I WAS GOING THROUGH A SLIGHT CURVE, NOT A BIG ONE JUST A NORMAL CURVE GOING ABOUT 20 MILES PER HOUR WHEN I TRIED TO SLOW DOWN THE BIKE SORT OF STALLED SO I WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE CURB INTO WHERE I HIT A TREE. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT SAW E INCIDENT AND FOUND IT VERY STRANGE AS WELL AS I DID. I HAVE ENOUGH EXPERIENCE INTO WHICH I KNOW IT WASN'T MY FAULT I LOST CONTROL OF THE BIKE. GOING 20 MILES PER HOUR WITH NOTHING THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED OTIS PRETTY STRANGE.
Slowing down during a curve??? :eek:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I have read on some other forums that have had issues with FI bikes stalling that the vent in the gas tank may have something to do with the stalling, sometimes they are not big enough or get blocked up. Could be something to check for those that have a stalling issue. I am not saying this is the issue by any means, I am simply relaying info I thought may be helpful.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I also like the "sort of stalled" part. It sort of stalled so he I guess decided to ditch it. Wonder what would have happened if it did stall... Explode? You know, the engine has to be running to be able to turn.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
lol, rider crashes bike and blames the bike and not his bad riding.:rolleyes:
There are many reasons you may need to slow down during a curve, it doesnt point straight to bad riding at all.

Traffic slowing, hazard on road, starts raining, curve tightened.....etc

I have had to slow on many occasions through a curve.........on a racetrack you may be able to power through knowing that you can without incident, quite different on the street as there are always variables that change, and not remain constant as they would on track.

The most important part of that whole post though was............his bike stalled. Doesnt matter if he slowed down during a curve or was poppin a friggin wheelie........the bike should not stall at any time during normal operation. This is an issue, and a serious safety issue at that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trying to describe that he was braking before the turn to get the proper entry speeed.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts