1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
140 Posts
"The agency says 18 complaints" ...really? 18 complaints? I've never had it happen to me but I know it's happened to quite a few people on the site.

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
"The agency says 18 complaints" ...really? 18 complaints? I've never had it happen to me but I know it's happened to quite a few people on the site.
Sad that not everyone takes the time to file a complaint. Posting on a forum =/= contacting NHTSA. However, the article does mention complaints and other information (so they may have found this forum lol).

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sad that not everyone takes the time to file a complaint. Posting on a forum =/= contacting NHTSA. However, the article does mention complaints and other information (so they may have found this forum lol).
Actually, they did!

Here's the actual report from the NHTSA: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM440542/INOA-PE13023-2491.PDF (PDF warning)

Note that it says...

Complaints: 18
Other*: 1

*Description of Other: Postings at www.kawasakininja300.com

Summary:
Owner complaints, forum postings, and EWR field report data indicate the subject motorcycle engines are stalling
when the operator reduces throttle input (e.g., slowing for stopped traffic). No root cause is known.
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Let's get the same thing going for the steering bearings. If it has yet to affect you. It's only a matter of time.

Reactions: cruizin and jeff

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think I'm going to buy the 15T and 43T sprockets as well as the All Ball bearings and have them replaced when I go in for my 600 mile service.
isnt stock on the rear a 43T?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts