Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just got my card from kawasaki i got approved for 5300 otd price for a white ninja 300 and gear my question is about my insurance i plan on buying the bike with the card so do i have to run full coverage or liablity cause my quote is 500 a month through allsate in ga with a clean driving record for full coverage or 450 a year for liabilty?

·
Registered
865 Posts
yeah shop around for insurance. I had nationwide.. and then I got my biek and they quoted me something liek 2800 for the year, then I went to progressive and got it down to 900 a year.

try this one. my MSF course instructor told me they were the cheapest good one. http://markelinsuresfun.com/products/motorcycle

its called "bike line" or something

But if you buy the bike on the card, it technically paid off, so you dont need full coverage.

EDIT: the intruder may eb right, I am honestly guessing.. Call em up... like he said haha

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
When I bought my Yamaha it was on the Yamaha Credit Card.. I wondered the same thing.. But sadly they keep the title.. It makes no since at all. On your credit report it shows up as a credit card or unsecure debt.. So when you have ZERO credit card debt it really f's you over to see 10 grand in unsecure credit card debt..

That being said.. Fully coverage is generally required any time you have a loan..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went to the dealership where ill be getting my bike and asked them and they said that with the kawasaki card you didnt have to insure it with collision and comprensive just the basic which is only like 500 a year now

·
Registered
53 Posts
did you ever use the markel insurance they seem reasonable to me

yeah shop around for insurance. I had nationwide.. and then I got my biek and they quoted me something liek 2800 for the year, then I went to progressive and got it down to 900 a year.

try this one. my MSF course instructor told me they were the cheapest good one. http://markelinsuresfun.com/products/motorcycle

its called "bike line" or something

But if you buy the bike on the card, it technically paid off, so you dont need full coverage.

EDIT: the intruder may eb right, I am honestly guessing.. Call em up... like he said haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i actually forgot to ask about the title but im assuming so but the only reason im using the kawi card is because they dont accept discover so i got 6 months 0 percent but im probally going to transfer the balance to my 18 month 0 percent discover card

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am switching to markel, I am paying a grand a year now, and with markel I down that to 500 for full 100/300 coverage

lol thats on my schedule to do

·
Registered
87 Posts
Actually, the dealer that I am buying my bike from stated that you do not have to have full coverage for either the card, or the traditional financing. I asked him how they were able to do that, and he said through the interest rate (the higher percentage yield covers the loss of wrecked bikes). When I asked him why, he said that because of the economy being in the tank, they werent selling bikes because no one could afford the payment AND the cost of full coverage. I still will carry full coverage when I get mine in March.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.