Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i went and visited my local kwaka shop to see how far away my new bike is. I ordered it about 4 weeks ago and was told it should be here by mid janurary.
our local sales man said it might be here next week or the week after but couldnt tell me exactly whats going on.i was a little disappointed, but not cranky or upset in any way shape or form, just wanted something a little more concrete

so i hit up the kwaka australia web site

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/company/support

and scrolled to bottom and filled in as much details as possible and told them the same as i just said here.

i swear within 5 minutes i had a phone call from a gentleman who identified himself as a kawasaki australia sales rep and apologized to me for the 4 week delay i have had so far waiting for my 300 SE ABS. i really was quite shocked, i didnt think i would get a call till next week.

he went on to explain that kwaka are having a very hard time trying to keep up supply of the motorcycle not only to australia but the rest of the planet as well as they are selling like hot cakes.

he informed me that my bike is on a boat and will be arriving in Australia on the 19th of this month and i will have it before the 26th of January and should i have any further enquiries don’t hesitate to ask.

cant get much better then that i guess:)

roll on the 19th:cool:

· Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, Kawasaki Australia is very good at keeping their customers happy. My SE has one of the popular "fairing issues" , which is only an small gap (about 4mm) on the left side, but as the owner of a brand new bike you would noticed it. Anyway i took it for her first service and mentioned that problem to the kawi dealership mechanic and he said " there is not much we can do about that" and that was it, all the answer and solution he gave me. So i wrote to Kawi australia and told them about that, and on the very next day the mechanic manager was calling me and asking me to take the bike for a check up. So guys, if your dealership seems like they don't give a **** about the after sale or even pre-sale, just write to the top people and they'll make sure we are well looked after. At the end of the day is our hard earn money!!

· Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, Kawasaki Australia is very good at keeping their customers happy. My SE has one of the popular "fairing issues" , which is only an small gap (about 4mm) on the left side, but as the owner of a brand new bike you would noticed it. Anyway i took it for her first service and mentioned that problem to the kawi dealership mechanic and he said " there is not much we can do about that" and that was it, all the answer and solution he gave me. So i wrote to Kawi australia and told them about that, and on the very next day the mechanic manager was calling me and asking me to take the bike for a check up. So guys, if your dealership seems like they don't give a **** about the after sale or even pre-sale, just write to the top people and they'll make sure we are well looked after. At the end of the day is our hard earn money!!
Wow. That's great. Those fairing gaps have been annoying the **** out of me too. Good to know dealerships don't care but Kawasaki will follow up with te customer directly. I wonder about the exhaust rust issue as well. Could you please let us know of they (Kawasaki) asked you to go back to the dealer or if they ask you to bring it to them directly

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
224 Posts
Wow. That's great. Those fairing gaps have been annoying the **** out of me too. Good to know dealerships don't care but Kawasaki will follow up with te customer directly. I wonder about the exhaust rust issue as well. Could you please let us know of they (Kawasaki) asked you to go back to the dealer or if they ask you to bring it to them directly

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Well, Kawasaki Australia was in touch with the manager mechanic of the dealership where i bought the bike from, which is the same where it was serviced, so the guy from Kawi OZ sent me an email saying that they are sorry about that and clarifying that the issue will be checked by my dealership. So next day i've got a call from the dealership and tomorrow i'll take the bike there to be checked. I'll let u guys know about the outcome of the issue cause i know my bike is not the only one with the fairing problem. So it all depends on what will happen tomorrow, let see if the guys from the dealership can fix it cause i'm not going to remove the fairings and reinstall them myself, that's too much trouble and that is why i paid warranties and else.

· Registered
224 Posts
Well i took my bike tyo the dealership this morning for inspecting the fairing problem on the left side. As they saw the gap, which is about 5mm wide on the worst part i believe, there wasn't much they could do about it. The good thing is that they lodged a claim directly to kawasaki australia straight away and order new plastics for the left side where the problem is, so as soon as the parts get there they'll call me back and will take the bike again for installing the new ones and hopefully that will be problem solve. So guys, as i said on previous post, just ask the mechanic about the fairing, if they don't do a thing, just write to kawasaki directly in your country and then your dealership will be obliged to check it and fix it. Anyway they don't have to pay a thing for the parts they have to replace, but some of them are just to lazy to unscrew and dismount the fairings, too bad for them, is their job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.