·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you removed the stock filter yet? On my 600 i had to jam a screwdriver through it to remove it, it was on so tight. My oil filter wrench just crushed it haha

·
Registered
446 Posts
Have you removed the stock filter yet? On my 600 i had to jam a screwdriver through it to remove it, it was on so tight. My oil filter wrench just crushed it haha
My "wrench" is the black circular thing that slides on the back of the filter. You can then use a socket wrench to remove it if need be.

Autozone, like $3 or something.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had a close by dealer I would do OEM.. But the closest Kawi dealer is a half hour away.. Cycle Gear is right down the street from my house.. I dont like to stock up spare parts that are easily obtainable because I dont have alot of spare room in my garage.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I love it how they provide torque specs for everything on the bike, yet when you try to unscrew things like the filter and oil drain bolt they are sometimes way tighter than you would ever tighten them yourself and obviously way over spec....esp with oil filters.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Reusable Oil Filter?

https://www.denniskirk.com/flo-oil-filters/stainless-steel-reusable-spin-on-oil-filter.p305881.prd/305881.sku

Part #: 305881 Fits your active ride: 2013 Kawasaki EX300A-F Ninja 300Other rides for this part or See if this part fits your other rides Overview of FLO Oil Filters Stainless Steel Reusable Spin On Oil Filter - PCS1

• Constructed of laser cut, medical grade, 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth
  • In many cases filters provide 200 percent more filter area
  • Stainless filter catches items down to 35 microns, which is about three times better than most good paper or brass filters
  • Unlike glued paper filters, the FLO Oil Filter pleat seam is welded and able to withstand up to 600 degrees
  • Filters maintain consistent flow under all conditions including extreme heat, the presence of water, and cold start ups where paper filters can flow so poorly that they often cause the bypass valve to open and allow unfiltered oil to enter your engine
  • Should be the last filter you ever need; this high tech filter technology is widely used in all types of auto racing including NASCAR, Indy type cars, Formula 1 and in the Aerospace industry where filtration is of the utmost importance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts