Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my air filter today just to check it out and see how big it was. After getting it out i thought it looked the same as the filter in my 250R. I went online and found the part number for the 300 air filter and come to find out it matches the part number for the 250R. That means the K&N air filter for the 250R should fit just fine. Also for anyone familiar with the 250R intake system it looks like on the 300 we will be able to do the same snorkel mod to the airbox.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thats strange I remember hearing in one of the reviews that They made some intake upgrades obviously the filter stayed the same..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The K&N Part number I got was KA-2508 . I got the 300 air filter part number of that Australlian (spelling) parts listing someone posted up last well and checked that against the 250R number and it was the same. I should know by the end if the week if they are the same or not.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the filter today and installed it and it fit very tight, but did fit, and i see no reason why it shouldn't work. I was just doing a test fit for now. I am going to install it in my 250 tomorrow to see how out should fit compared too the 300.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would like to hear if any power gains are felt or any sound difference. I had an apexi intake on my car and it made a **** of a difference in high-end rpm range and it sounded absolutely sick!!

Never heard an aftermarket intake/air filter on a biker before. Otherwise not worth the $200 it will cost me for one.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never heard an aftermarket intake/air filter on a biker before. Otherwise not worth the $200 it will cost me for one.
It doesnt cost $200 at all, the filter is all of $45, if you have seen the stock filter, I am not even sure I would call it a filter. I would call it a piece of foam wedged in the air box haha..

With the snorkle mod and a K&N filter I think you could expect a louder reeving engine.. But the filter by itself, I doubt you would notice a sound difference..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey CBZDEL, does the 300 airbox intake look as restrictive as the 250? Purely on your guess would you think opening it up a bit and a K&N filter would add a decent amount of power, or is the airbox set up to breathe pretty freely already? Even if so, I think the K&N would be helpful in keeping dust and dirt out of the engine better after what you said about the stocker being "a piece of foam wedged in the air box" lol...i guess they gotta cut costs where ever they can to sell it so cheap right?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the 300 air box looks the same same as the 250R, the snorkle is a reduction as well and there is a mesh grate after the filter, I am not sure what the point of the mesh grate after the filter is though..

as for the filter it does give a bit of a "woosh" noise at idle, at any rpm above the engine drows out any added noise there would be..

it was said that the snorkle mod really makes the intake alot louder though if that is what you want..

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.