Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,581 Posts
on the bike absolutely!

· Registered
177 Posts
New 300 depreciation be damned / let's all join CostCo

Just curious. How did CostCo and Kawasaki end up "in bed together"? When you join CostCo, the fee is $50, this leaves $200 for something you "paid" $250 for. Would somebody please explain what the big deal / "savings" is??? I spent part of an afternoon trying to buy a 1,000 cc Kawi Z-1 (left-over 2011) from a dealer in Richmond, VA.; their salesman "Kevin" couldn't explain this program to me. I purchased two Ninjas in 3 weeks, but NEITHER from a dealer touting the merits of joining the jip-joint CostCo. Where is the so-called advantage in this plan? YES, I'm still irritated. Maybe it is time to complain to Kawasaki directly; all I wanted to do was buy a motorcycle!!!!

· Registered
177 Posts
Is it that hard to call Costco and find out what their program is about? Are you that lazy?
No laziness here and I don't take offense at that - you don't know me, I don't know you. All I'm saying is when the salespeople don't understand / can't explain, that tells me its probably not something I want, much less need. This forum is about Kawasaki's new Ninja 300, not "don't you shop at WalMart?" None of us should have to research a facet of vehicle purchase which has nothing to do with the product we intend to buy. If YOU aren't lazy, why don't you be a champ and tell us briefly how this benefits any of us? Did any of you save $700 by joining CostCo at time of purchase? I didn't think so. Rant over, we hope.

· Registered
532 Posts
The deal benefits existing Costco members imo. If you don't shop at Costco, you probably shouldn't go out of your way to get a membership just to get quotes on bikes. If you do get a membership however - start shopping at Costco! I go for free samples/cheap food court food. Not every dealer is a Costco dealer. A Costco authorized salesperson at the dealer will contact you so you can show your membership and see the price sheet...or something :rolleyes:

Costco pricing usually rids you of dealer fees (freight/prep etc.) - but if you know dealers that don't tack on their fees anyways, just keep buying from them.

· Registered
198 Posts
I actually saved about $500 by joining Costco and buying my 300 using their program. I also saved another $200 in gas by using their cash card that was awarded to me. Also, not sure about you, but where I live, Costco gas is at least $.08-$.10 cheaper than any other local gas station.

My salesman stated to me that they adopted the Costco Program, because they are a family dealership and by offering the bikes at no hassle prices it makes the customers much more likely to come back for service and needed parts or accessories and even future purchases down the road...

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it man..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
252 Posts
I don't shop at Costco, however I do have a company American Express card that my employer gave me for expenses that has a membership number on it. So for me I'm going to use the program when I get the funds to buy my bike.

There is a savings to using the program. They offer the bike at MSRP, give you a $250.00 gift card to use at their store plus give you 20% off of any gear you buy at the time of purchase.

Even if you get a bike at MSRP not thru the Costco program you don't get the extras Costco members get.

The closest Costco store is a hour away, but for $250 ill drive there one day use up the card and be done with it.
Either way I'm still ahead!

- Corey

· Registered
177 Posts
The deal benefits existing Costco members imo. If you don't shop at Costco, you probably shouldn't . . . . . . . . .

Costco pricing usually rids you of dealer fees (freight/prep etc.) - but if you know dealers that don't tack on their fees anyways, just keep buying from them.
Thanks to both you and Corey for the responses, that's the way this forum is supposed to work. My dealer quoted $4,495 for a bike MSRP'd at $4,799, so I received a $304 savings there, plus NO set-up, delivery, etc. With the $50 doc. fee: OTD at $4,545. Also threw-in 10% off, so I bought oil & filters to get me through a couple changes. Sweet deal, best bike ever for the nice price.

· Registered
104 Posts
No laziness here and I don't take offense at that - you don't know me, I don't know you. All I'm saying is when the salespeople don't understand / can't explain, that tells me its probably not something I want, much less need. This forum is about Kawasaki's new Ninja 300, not "don't you shop at WalMart?" None of us should have to research a facet of vehicle purchase which has nothing to do with the product we intend to buy. If YOU aren't lazy, why don't you be a champ and tell us briefly how this benefits any of us? Did any of you save $700 by joining CostCo at time of purchase? I didn't think so. Rant over, we hope.
You are a pretty lazy guy if you ask me. You would rather come on the forums and trash talk about costcos program than actually trying to learn about it. It's not hard but i guess for you it is. Good day to you.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW Baja you can bring your $250 cash card to the members area inside costco and they will actually let you trade it for $250 cash.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info. We have a Costco about a mile from us and like someone said above, their gas is about $.05 less than everyone else around here so I'll probably just use it for that.

For me it wasn't just the savings of the $250 card, it was also the fact that we didn't have to pay any of the other dealer junk fees. Very easy smooth transaction, not counting tags and taxes I only have $4600 in the bike with the Costco deal. For me, it's the first time one of these type of deals actually paid of the way it was supposed too.

· Banned
1,132 Posts
I don't shop at Costco, however I do have a company American Express card that my employer gave me for expenses that has a membership number on it. So for me I'm going to use the program when I get the funds to buy my bike.

There is a savings to using the program. They offer the bike at MSRP, give you a $250.00 gift card to use at their store plus give you 20% off of any gear you buy at the time of purchase.

Even if you get a bike at MSRP not thru the Costco program you don't get the extras Costco members get.

The closest Costco store is a hour away, but for $250 ill drive there one day use up the card and be done with it.
Either way I'm still ahead!

- Corey
Other then the 250 dollar card. I got the bike at msrp and I also got (dealer pricing) on any gear I got the day I got the bike. Also I have learn long ago that Costco and wal-fart is chep crap even the food.

· Registered
5 Posts
I think the Costco program is good for someone who doesn't want to haggle with a dealer to get a decent price. I tried the Costco program just a week ago and they sent me to an out of the way dealer that gave me ok pricing, but their out the door price (even after figuring in the $250 Costco gift card), was only so-so. I made a call to a closer dealer and within about 20 minutes and a few back and forth phone calls, I had a deal that was even cheaper. The extra bonus was not having to drive 45 minutes to go back to the other dealer. So my out the door price (Seattle, WA area) was $5648 - $250 Costco card = $5398 Out The Door. The price I ended up getting closer to my house was $5299 OTD. At the end of the day I'm sure I could have wiggled a bit more $$ out of them but I knew I was getting a decent deal and was happy with the dealer I was working with.

· Hero of Time
813 Posts
Thanks to both you and Corey for the responses, that's the way this forum is supposed to work. My dealer quoted $4,495 for a bike MSRP'd at $4,799, so I received a $304 savings there, plus NO set-up, delivery, etc. With the $50 doc. fee: OTD at $4,545. Also threw-in 10% off, so I bought oil & filters to get me through a couple changes. Sweet deal, best bike ever for the nice price.
its nice that you got a magical deal for 800 dollars less than any other forum member. I don't understand why you're pissed you didn't get another 250 off by doing the costco deal. your stories always seem like....stories.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.