Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first street bike got the 300 se abs, had a dirt bike 25-30 years ago (yea i'm old). rode 20 miles today would've rode more but the cold got to me (cold and windy). still learning to lean with the bike ( it's starting to come back) so far i'm very impressed with the bike. a lot different than the dirt bikes I remember. did all the rookie mistakes. almost dropped it in the driveway, target fixation in the first turn (got that fixed before anything happened) stalled it, didn't adjust the mirrors before I took off ( thank god for a gas station that is close by) wanting to put my foot down like a dirt bike in the turns. just going to ride near the house till I get use to it. taking baby steps. the good part is I didn't get freaked out when meeting cars or have them behind me so I have hope.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the biggest issue I have now is a want to pull the clutch with 2 fingers and mashing the other ones

·
Registered
110 Posts
the biggest issue I have now is a want to pull the clutch with 2 fingers and mashing the other ones
Just dont pull it all the way in. you only need to pull the clutch lever maybe a half inch to to fully disengadge the clutch

·
Registered
839 Posts
OR you could always get shorty levers, that's what many of us have done and they are designed to be 2 finger pulled :D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the 2 fingers to use is the index finger & middle finger. no need for the shorty levers at all, i have lived with out shorty levers on every bike i have had & never had an issue

·
Registered
110 Posts
the 2 fingers to use is the index finger & middle finger. no need for the shorty levers at all, i have lived with out shorty levers on every bike i have had & never had an issue
I knew I wasnt the only one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts