Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, im new to forums, or threads, however you call it. So bear with me, but i want to learn. Anyway, im also new to bikes. I know how to do mechanical work, so knowing how things work isnt a problem. I heard of something called a Juice Box Pro. I know sorta what it does. But what are maps? Can i "make" them, if im saying that right. If any one could give me an all around about the Juice Box Pro it would be great.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there any difference between the juice box pro, PCV, area p tuner, ect?

Or are they all the same thing, just different companies product..?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Is there any difference between the juice box pro, PCV, area p tuner, ect?

Or are they all the same thing, just different companies product..?
you got it. same thing, different decal. its all made by one company, Power Commander/ Dynojet

everyone else takes it, puts their own decals on it calls it their own, then in the sales blurb they put in

it is compatible with power commander maps etc

its been going on for years and probably will do so for many more to come

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
a power commander is different than the JB and the Area-P tuner.. They are all made by the same company though, DynoJet.

The JB and the Area_P tuner are say the base models, no options on them, cant add any options on them, they only adjust the fuel.. A power commander is say the middle class, you can add on a bunch of options to it, like the quick shift or the auto tune and there are some others as well, it also adjusts your fuel and timing..

The JB is a generic map put together by Two Brothers, we called this a "canned tune" it works well for anyone.. You get one basic map and thats that, end of story.

The Area-P has been doing a BUNCH of research and right now I believe they have I think 9 base maps.. Now when you order a tuner from they they take one of the base maps for you and then modify it for your needs, they take a bunch of factory into account and custom make it for YOU. They also include free lifetime support, so if you change a mod, they will change your tune.

A Power is really a mix of the two...Unless you get a auto tuner or dyno tune the bike yourself, your stuck with the maps they provide you. There is no one to modify the map if your mods dont match the mods listed on their website.

This is why I chose Area-P the customer service is amazing, and after installing the tuner it was just crazy how different the bike felt. They are going to do further testing here in a couple weeks for the pod filters, I cant wait to get my final tune for that :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
a power commander is different than the JB and the Area-P tuner.. They are all made by the same company though, DynoJet.

The JB and the Area_P tuner are say the base models, no options on them, cant add any options on them, they only adjust the fuel.. A power commander is say the middle class, you can add on a bunch of options to it, like the quick shift or the auto tune and there are some others as well, it also adjusts your fuel and timing..

The JB is a generic map put together by Two Brothers, we called this a "canned tune" it works well for anyone.. You get one basic map and thats that, end of story.

The Area-P has been doing a BUNCH of research and right now I believe they have I think 9 base maps.. Now when you order a tuner from they they take one of the base maps for you and then modify it for your needs, they take a bunch of factory into account and custom make it for YOU. They also include free lifetime support, so if you change a mod, they will change your tune.

A Power is really a mix of the two...Unless you get a auto tuner or dyno tune the bike yourself, your stuck with the maps they provide you. There is no one to modify the map if your mods dont match the mods listed on their website.

This is why I chose Area-P the customer service is amazing, and after installing the tuner it was just crazy how different the bike felt. They are going to do further testing here in a couple weeks for the pod filters, I cant wait to get my final tune for that :D
Area P sounds like the way to go then. Isn't it the cheapest of the bunch as well?

When/If you change mods or want a different tune, do you have to send them the actual unit or do they just send you maps to upload while the tuner is still installed on the bike?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
They will email you a new tune, the tuner comes with software and a usb plug.. So if you have a laptop you can just plus it straight into the bike..

For those that have a full exhaust and tuner, is it really worth it on the 300
I can not comment on any set up but my own.. When I installed my M4 full system with the stock tune, I noticed nothing other than noise... Then I installed the Area-P tune it made it a whole new bike, the pull it now has is amazing! I did not think the bike would be capable of this performance, it seriously surprised me!

·
Registered
345 Posts
After checking out both the Area P and Two Brothers websites.

Both are listed as $250.
TB Juicebox pro states it can hold up to 10 different maps, while I could not find any info on the Area P tuner about that..

I know Area P has great deal of R&D with the 250's, while TB is just a big name company, but does the Area P tuner hold up to 10 maps as well, they just don't list it or..?

If the TB Juicebox holds more maps while being the same price, I'd actually opt for that, presuming you could get maps from Area P for the Juicebox or if their maps are even any different..

I'm really not sure about it all, as I believe I understand how a tuner works, I just have never had/used one myself.

Any clarification would be much appreciated :eek:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Why do you need more than 1 map? Do you plan on changing mods back and forth on your bike?

The TB and the Area-P are the same tuners, they are called Dynojet Micro EFI Tuners, I dont know the specifics but there is a selectable dial on the Area-P for 3 different map settings.. I am sure the Area-P maps would work on the TB tuner but why would Area-P give them to you or even sell them to you if you didnt support them in the first place.

I think the better question is why buy the TB one.. They did very little R&D on their product, why dont you support the guys who half ass it so to say when you can support the guys working their asses off to squeeze out every little HP we can get form this bike :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts