Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for those pics, I always wondered how the bike will look with jack up kit.
I know a lot of people like it because jack up kit will give the bike supersport look of high tail.

I honestly can't tell the difference between stock in the picture, I guess I would have to see it in person or side-by-side comparison.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a 1" lift jack up kit from the U.K. Installed today. Cut from stainless and available in almost any lift amount. Looking for ways to make the bike more comfy -6'4".
Hello Sprinklepops,

Are these linkages still available in the UK? If yes which company manufactures it? Can you please share some details. I tried to contact Lust Racing, but no one responded. Here in India the Ninja 300 is still on sale and our bad roads are not what the 140mm ground clearance of the Ninja 300 was designed to take on. My whole aim for going for that lift linkage is just for some gains in ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
@Sprinklepops did the links make the bike more comfortable for you?

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
@Sprinklepops didn't log since 2018. Maybe a private message will work to contact him.

I shortened my links by 1/4" (6.5" is stock) and that raised my seat about 10mm. I did it mainly because I was told it would make the bike more reactive at turn initiation at the track. I did feel certain difference. I'm not going back for the moment.
At the street, I also like it being a bit higher, but I guess that's preferences. I'm 5'9, 32" inseam,

The one thing I didn't like much is that now the seat sits a bit leaned forward, so I slide forward on the seat more than before when breaking. But that may also have to do with the fact that I lowered the front end almost 10mm too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Topaz Lowered the front by 10mm? The Germany company you gave me reference of for the links said that their links raise the rear without any change in the height of the frontal fairing edge. Like he meant to say that the linkage length change is not like a SEE-SAW where in u lift one side and the other side will lower by the same amount. Obviously I myself needed to verify this, but to my disappointment the linkages didn't reach me.

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
Front and rear heights are independent. The links will raise or lower the rear only.

I lowered the front by sliding the fork tubes up through the triplets. You don't have to touch the front. I only commented that because I was talking about the seat leaning more forward than in the stock position and it did bother me a bit.
Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
might be the last mod for this bike gsxr rear and front springs haven’t really did a lot for being 6’2” 225lbs besides waiting for my forks to load quicker in turns
questions
Will the lift will be counterproductive for a upgraded suspension setup?

Also does 1” really make a difference
in long distance riding I have to lay on the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
Nope, very short short, and not getting all math geek, by raising the back, you've changed the suspension geometry, for the better, better load shift to the front, this will help under braking, especially hard braking, and sharper, quicker turn-ins when approaching a turn.

Get the springs/shocks dialed in, and if course better tires.

Good luck, let me if you, or anyone else has questions, comments, etc....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts